Author Topic: GSX PRO relink not working  (Read 1817 times)

Denn61

GSX PRO relink not working
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:26:37 pm »
Hi there, after installing GSX PRO , there's been an issue I've encountered, whenever i press the relink button in the FSDT installer it doesn't do anything, if i go in the game the GSX menu doesn't appear in the toolbar .

Do note that i haven't installed GSX pro normally, i encountered an issue of it crashing when downloading and i found the zip files in the temp folder and put them in the community and addon manager.

I have 5GB of space on C drive and have 16 GB of ram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX PRO relink not working
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 04:28:20 pm »
I have 5GB of space on C drive and have 16 GB of ram

Does this means you have installed GSX there ? 5GB is really too low so, it's likely it hasn't been installed completely due to this, resulting in the link not working.

Denn61

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 08:55:33 pm »
No, my Addon Manager is on my F drive which has 2 TB of space, my temp is in C and my installer kept freezing when unzipping packages there so i figured to manually move them from the temp to community folder
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 08:38:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 08:51:35 am »
No, my Addon Manager is on my F drive which has 2 TB of space, my temp is in C and my installer kept freezing when unzipping packages there so

That's also why I said it's not enough, because regardless where you installed the Addon Manager itself, you'll still need extra space in the Windows temp folder to download and uncompress the packages.

You might be able to fix this in some ways:

- Check if you can use the Window built-in Disc space utility and see if you can free some space on the C: drive.

- Change the folder the %TEMP% variable points to, as explained here, to point to a drive with enough space:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/temporary-files-folder-location-windows

i figured to manually move them from the temp to community folder

You shouldn't do that, because it will completely screw up with the updater, since the updater only works on the real Addon Manager folder, meaning the next time there's an update, the updater will see your packages need an update, but it will try to download them in the Addon Manager folder, taking lots of time and disk space again.

You can try this:

- Uninstall GSX Pro

- REMOVE IT from the Community folder as well!

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache

- Reinstall GSX and when the first part is completed and you see a message asking if you want to Save the package for the next time, reply NO. This will remove the ZIP files from the first package and won't save them, saving some space on C:

- Do the same for the second package.

Hopefully, you should be able to complete the installation. If it's not enough, you really need to find some way to free more space on C:

Denn61

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 04:52:29 pm »
Hopefully, you should be able to complete the installation. If it's not enough, you really need to find some way to free more space on C:
[/quote]

Hi! Ive been waiting for the weekend to come around so i have time to fix this, however after finish the instalation, everything seemed good, but i still couldnt relink my GSX pro.

After some researching, this is because my community folder is on an external harddrive, which most likely isnt formatted in NTSH.

Could i get a link to an addon linker and an explanation on how to link the addon to the community folder.
Thank you.,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 10:15:56 am »
After some researching, this is because my community folder is on an external harddrive, which most likely isnt formatted in NTSH.  Could i get a link to an addon linker and an explanation on how to link the addon to the community folder.

If the disk is not formatted in NTFS, it's not a GSX problem, no add-on can create a Symbolic link on an ExFat drive, because these are simply not supported that filesystem. There are no options, other than reformat NTFS.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.msg175986.html#msg175986