Author Topic: PMDG & GSX Menu  (Read 1030 times)

TJKNOX

PMDG & GSX Menu
« on: March 08, 2023, 01:50:57 am »
Hi,

Whilst trying to use the 737NGXu and 747 I am unable to get the gsx menu to open. Using ctrl f12 and the addon menu does nothing at all. I have tried to restart couatl through the addon menu from the drop down and this then disappears and I cannot see gsx in the addon drop down at all. I've ran updates, re installed gsx. Everything to do with GSX seems to be fine apart from this issue.

GSX works perfectly with my other addon aircraft and default ones so it is a mystery why it struggles to open with PMDG aircraft.

Thanks.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: PMDG & GSX Menu
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 02:37:52 am »
You said you can't get the GSX menu, but you don't say exactly what you're doing. If you're at the gate trying to do something, you need to have the engines shut down and either the parking brakes or chocks set.
Captain Kevin

TJKNOX

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 09:21:12 am »
I'm at the gate. Chocks set/parking brake set and engines shut down, same as in the other aircraft I mentioned previously. I am unable to open the menu either through ctrl f12 or the drop-down menu. When I go to restart couatl, gsx completely disappears from the drop down addon menu.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 01:19:42 pm »
I'm at the gate. Chocks set/parking brake set and engines shut down, same as in the other aircraft I mentioned previously.
To be fair, you never actually said what you were doing, and I'm not a mind reader, so I have no idea. Are you by chance using any custom GSX profiles for the planes. If so, reset them and see if that does anything. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I've personally never had any issues with them, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 09:07:15 am »
You are clearly referring to the P3D version, but you posted an error log from the MSFS version, made a few days earlier.

Also, it would be best to enabled Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, so it will  create a more detailed Couatl.LOG. And, don't rename the file to post it, but ZIP it unrenamed and Attach the ZIP to a post.