Author Topic: Limited amount of passengers  (Read 2219 times)

ehenkes

Limited amount of passengers
« on: March 04, 2023, 10:41:22 pm »
I use the Boeing 737-700 BBJ, and I want the amount of passengers at 30. How can I do this exactly that from the bus only 30 people enter the plane? Is that possible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Limited amount of passengers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 10:53:49 pm »
The relevant pages in the manual which clearly explain this are:

The paragraph named "Passengers Number" at Page 15, here's the key sentence:

if you plan your flight with SimBrief, GSX can read the actual passenger number from your current dispatch on SimBrief

The paragraph named "SimBrief data used by GSX" at Page 73

GSX will use data from SimBrief while Boarding/Deboarding passengers, to have the Passengers Number match the value indicated on SimBrief.

ehenkes

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 11:07:24 pm »
How can I ensure that these simbrief flight data are used? Do I have to use data from this field "Alias (Userame)" in GSX Configuration? (in my case: ehenkes)
What else? How does GSX get the data?   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 11:13:33 pm by ehenkes »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 11:13:43 pm »
How can I ensure that these simbief data are used? Do I have to use data from this field "Alias (Userame)" in GSX Configuration? What else?   

Wouldn't be better to just read the manual, which of course clearly explain exactly what you are asking here ? There's a whole chapter on Simbrief integration so, you are supposed to read it first and THEN, if you don't understand something, come up with a question.

ehenkes

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 11:49:31 pm »
Yes, it works! RTFM p. 73 really helps. The connection to Simbrief is shown by a green button "SimBrief OK" (at the end of the menu). Great!

Can I use other vehicles for passenger transport than this normal bus? We have a BBJ.  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 12:03:23 am »
Can I use other vehicles for passenger transport than this normal bus? We have a BBJ

The Passengers Van has a max capacity of 17 passengers, anything more will call the Bus. It's clearly more realistic having a half-empty Bus, than trying to cramp 30 people in a Van.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 12:09:09 am »
Can I use other vehicles for passenger transport than this normal bus? We have a BBJ

The Passengers Van has a max capacity of 17 passengers, anything more will call the Bus. It's clearly more realistic having a half-empty Bus, than trying to cramp 30 people in a Van.

If you use circus clowns as the passengers, then this would be acceptable. As a kid, I once saw about a dozen of them get out of a Volkswagen. It was quite entertaining.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

ehenkes

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 12:11:51 am »
Thank you very much for this information. Either I have to limit the number to 17, or GSX implements the choice for 2 vans (max. 34). The BBJ has 30 pax.  8)

HeicoH

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 12:13:20 am »
@Umberto:

Do you remember my question some time ago about GSX sending 14 pax even if you set the number of pax in SimBrief to zero?

Did you trie to use a SimBrief flight plan with less than 15 (or 14) pax in the meantime? Can you reproduce the issue?
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

ehenkes

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 01:10:21 am »
If Simbrief is not connected: The disconnection to Simbrief is shown by a red button "Reload Simbrief" (at the end of the menu). I have the feeling you cannot control it bei the FMC of the PMDG airplane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 12:03:53 pm »
If Simbrief is not connected: The disconnection to Simbrief is shown by a red button "Reload Simbrief" (at the end of the menu). I have the feeling you cannot control it bei the FMC of the PMDG airplane.

I fail to see what's the connection between GSX Simbrief integration and the PMDG FMC.

Were you expecting GSX sending the Simbrief flight plan to the FMC ? Nowhere the manual says the GSX Simbrief integration is supposed to do that, which will a fairly complex feature with almost no benefit, considering the most popular airliners like the Fenix or the FBW A320 already have their own Simbrief integration, and PMDG will soon have its own EFB doing that.

ehenkes

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 12:43:46 pm »
Yes, this is right. It works great. Thus, Simbrief is the hub of the wheel.  :D

pete_auau

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2023, 12:54:57 pm »
Were you expecting GSX sending the Simbrief flight plan to the FMC ? Nowhere the manual says the GSX Simbrief integration is supposed to do that, which will a fairly complex feature with almost no benefit, considering the most popular airliners like the Fenix or the FBW A320 already have their own Simbrief integration, and PMDG will soon have its own EFB doing that.

Actually  simbrief  does  send  the  flight plan  to the pmdg fmc,  once  you completed  the  flight  plan  in  sim brief  and  generate  it  it  will  sent  the  route  to the folder  of  the  flight  plan  of  the  pmdg.  Than  in the  fmc  you  can  select this  flight  plan  and  load  it
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 01:10:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2023, 01:12:00 pm »
Actually  simbrief  does  send  the  flight plan  to the pmdg fmc

Which makes my point all more valid: if you already have one method to do that, and soon another one with the upcoming PMDG EFB, it would be pointless to have GSX adding an additional way of doing the same thing.

ehenkes

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2023, 03:38:04 pm »
Which data does GSX fetch from Simbrief? Only the number of passengers? This could be done easier.