Author Topic: Issues during de-/anti icing of aircraft  (Read 1405 times)

marcoman179

Issues during de-/anti icing of aircraft
« on: February 08, 2023, 12:39:23 pm »
Hello,
I have had an issue with GSX de-icing since I updated the latest version on FSDT installer. The Safeaero-vehicles doesn’t de-ice the aircraft. The aircraft spray zones have been checked in settings. The deicing vehicle is 90 degrees off to the side and sprays the ground. The vehicles also have some purple areas on it, almost like the vehicle isn’t complete. Aircraft used is FBW A32N.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Best regards,

Markus Halvorsen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues during de-/anti icing of aircraft
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:13:27 pm »
I cannot replicate any of what you are reporting, see the attached screenshot.

The deicers placed in the wrong position seems to be a problem with the airplane deicing point so, first thing to try, RESET the airplane configuration in the GSX airplane configuration page and see if it fixes it.

Pink textures instead seems to be a problem of an incomplete installation, which cannot possibly happen if you just updated so, it might ( but I can't say for sure ) also caused by having exhausted VRAM, because of too high settings, especially AI traffic.

marcoman179

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:57:23 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply!
Here's how it looks like from mine:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 02:01:46 pm »
Were you engines running during deice ? If yes, that seems to indicate you don't have the current version because, in the current version, if the engines are running and you are on a remote deice area, the deicers should come from the front of the airplane.

marcoman179

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 02:20:18 pm »
Sorry, my bad. These were pics from prev. version. Here's from the current version.
Affirmative, remote with engines running. Here's another quick test I did now with the PMDG from the runway (for testing).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 03:00:58 pm »
I can only confirm it doesn't happen here and nobody reported it so far.

As I've said, the lack of textures seems to indicate an incomplete installation, which cannot possibly happen if you just updated so, it might ( but I can't say for sure ) also caused by having exhausted VRAM, because of too high settings, especially AI traffic.

Another possible issue is: have you changed the sim time/date while deicing was performing ?

marcoman179

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 10:03:28 pm »
I have tried redownloading GSX multiple times to see if it goes back to normal without luck. I have tried both with- and without AI and turned down graphics couple of notches. I fly with real time and live wx most of the time. Still this is an issue for me to this day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 09:40:58 am »
As you can see, nobody ever posted in this forum about this issue, so it's clearly something very unusual affecting you. As I've said, the lack of textures seems to indicate an incomplete installation, which cannot possibly happen if you just updated so, it might ( but I can't say for sure ) also caused by having exhausted VRAM, because of too high settings, especially AI traffic.