Author Topic: FSDT Live Updater Gracefully Quit  (Read 846 times)

sirtopper

FSDT Live Updater Gracefully Quit
« on: February 28, 2023, 11:19:54 pm »
Is the 'FSDT Live Update' found on the programs menu, for the MSFS version? Because the Live Updater runs but then vanishes while on 1of37 2% and 99% second bar. See image attached I took just before it vanished.
Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:30:20 pm by sirtopper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Updater Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 11:27:11 pm »
Is the 'FSDT Live Update' found on the programs menu, for the MSFS version? Because the Live Updater runs but then vanishes while on 1of37 2% and 99% second bar. See image attached I took just before it vanished.

As explained so many times on the forum, the Live Update hasn't crashed. It has gracefully QUIT, because it finished its job, having updated all the products you have.

Since the Live Update can update ALL FSDT products, for FSX, P3D and MSFS, but of course it will update only the ones you have installed, unless you have ALL FSDT products for FSX, P3D and MSFS all installed at the same time, you'll never see all the 37 Steps performed. If you only have GSX Pro, for example, only 1 Step will be performed and then, since the program has completed and there's nothing else left to do, it will exit automatically, saving you from having to click somewhere to close it, since when it's done, there's nothing else left to do than close, so it closes.

sirtopper

Re: FSDT Live Updater Crash
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 11:31:51 pm »

As explained so many times on the forum, the Live Update hasn't crashed. It has gracefully QUIT, because it finished its job, having updated all the products you have.

Since the Live Update can update ALL FSDT products, for FSX, P3D and MSFS, but of course it will update only the ones you have installed, unless you have ALL FSDT products for FSX, P3D and MSFS all installed at the same time, you'll never see all the 37 Steps performed. If you only have GSX Pro, for example, only 1 Step will be performed and then, since the program has completed and there's nothing else left to do, it will exit automatically, saving you from having to click somewhere to close it, since when it's done, there's nothing else left to do than close, so it closes.
Thank you for your reply I appreciate your time.