Author Topic: editor crashes with de-icing area  (Read 784 times)

virtualstuff

editor crashes with de-icing area
« on: February 14, 2023, 09:08:33 am »
Couatl is crashing when using any wall color for de-icing area default is Ok.
Thanks for the update appreciated...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: editor crashes with de-icing area
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 01:03:13 pm »
I cannot replicate this crash.

You haven't supplied a crash log, so I can only guess what might be, and the most likely explanation is you haven't updated using the FSDT LIve Update, and used the Offline installer instead, so you are missing objects that has been added to the update. As the Offline installer instruction post on our forum says, the Offline installer only contains the main GSX code ( that's why it's just 130MB ), but it doesn't contain any new objects/textures that will be added with updates, which means you should never use it instead of the Live Update but, only after running the Live Update once, and only if you suspect there might be an issue with your local cloudflare node not being updated yet, which manifests as the Live Update downloading the same files over and over even when ran twice in a row, with the "same files" meaning anything that doesn't belong to the 3 categories that are supposed to be always downloaded, that is the Airport services, the Jetway replacements and the GSX custom profiles for FSDT airports.

vekant

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 02:14:53 am »
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, here is the newspaper

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 10:19:05 am »
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, here is the newspaper

We cannot possibly know if you have "exactly the same problem" of the OP, since he never came back with a log.

Your log, instead, shows you are missing the new objects that has been added with the Deice update, and this can happen if you updated JUST with the Offline installer ( which as the instructions in its Sticky post say, contains only code, not objects/textures ), instead of following what's explained in the Offline installer instruction, which say you should always run the FSDT Live Update first and then the Offline installer, but ONLY if you suspect your local cloudflare node might have not been updated entirely, which can be noticed if the same files are re-downloaded over and over by the Live Update, for example if you run it twice in a row.

That's the only case in which you need the Offline installer, but it should be used after the Live Updater, not as a replacement for it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 10:30:13 am by virtuali »

vekant

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 10:24:19 am »
Oh ok, indeed I only put the offline. Thanks, I'll fix that. Keep up the good work. Thank you so much