Author Topic: Ryanair Handling mixing with BLUE and Azul  (Read 1678 times)

Wimma

Ryanair Handling mixing with BLUE and Azul
« on: February 24, 2023, 10:43:24 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I don't know if you've already seen it in the Discord. I just wanted to let you know that there still seems to be an issue with the BLUE, Azul and RYR handling. All of them use RYR as their airline code and therefore we get mixed Handling operators when Ryanair is selected as the main operator. In the images you can see that although Rayanair is the selected handling operator, we get AZUL and BLUE vehicles as well as the Ryanair ones.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:45:32 pm by Wimma »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ryanair Handling mixing with BLUE and Azul
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 11:12:53 am »
I haven't seen anything on Discord, because I just returned from a one week vacation.

I'll obviously check this because, it's not normal: those operators DO NOT use RYR code: their codes are FR, FRBLUE and AZUL. They can get a *boost* in the scoring if the *parking* has RYR in its parking codes but, the way GSX is supposed to work and always worked, is that after the scoring is calculated and an operator is selected, it should be the same for all vehicles.

Wimma

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 03:35:02 pm »
All good hope you had a nice week off. Just wanted to let you know and glad you are aware of it now :)

Wimma

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 10:43:46 am »
those operators DO NOT use RYR code: their codes are FR, FRBLUE and AZUL.

Well, I did another checkup because this really bugs me. Turns out they DO use RYR as their atc parking codes. ALL of them. So, if you choose to use multiple handling operators, you need to use the atc_parking_code, which is RYR for ALL OF THEM in the rules_handling.cfg.

Probably my mistake for saying airline code and not atc parking code, but still a big issue. Pls update the ATC parking codes to omit this issue.

Find attached the screenshots.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:45:37 am by Wimma »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 06:37:50 pm »
Well, I did another checkup because this really bugs me. Turns out they DO use RYR as their atc parking codes. ALL of them. So, if you choose to use multiple handling operators, you need to use the atc_parking_code, which is RYR for ALL OF THEM in the rules_handling.cfg.

As I've said: they shouldn't, because airline codes should only be used to give them a scoring boost. And that's why I said "I'll obviously check this because, it's not normal"

reverentan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 12:57:31 pm »
Same issue with the United handling, UA and UA_White gets mixed up

Exactly, this shows it's something related to parking codes not being used correctly, and it has nothing to do with the previous issue of Ryanair Blue conflicting with Blue vehicles.

I think we always had this issue in years, it's just that before, nobody really noticed, because having two different styles of vehicles of the SAME operator ( like AA/AA_White or UA/UA_White ), is not really "wrong" ( even if technically is, from a GSX point of view ), and it happens all the time in real life, while you might notice it more, now that Ryanair has 3 variations that are supposed to be used in different countries.

As I've said, we'll look into it.