Author Topic: Good Hornet Stuff Online  (Read 4037 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Good Hornet Stuff Online
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:36:16 am »
Fellas...

Just found a really good video w/some F-18 engaged/defensive/kill calls and AWACS calls.  At 1:17, "Dragnet (AWACS training squadron callsign), two groups range 7..", thats what I used to do.  At 2:01, "tally eagle, engaged.", then at 2:11, "gun kill viper, left hand turn."  Shows Hornets can turn and fight with F-15s/F-16s any day and come out with kills.  Remember, these are Canadians with their Hornets, Im pretty sure US Hornet/SuperHornet drivers can do better.

&feature=related

Also, here is a great article about a Navy Hornet driver that went over to the airforce side to drive Vipers.  He talks about even tho underpowered, a Hornet can get the advantage and first-shot on a Viper because of better low speed/hi AoA handling.  Dogfighting is NOT ALL about thrust-to-weight ratio and sustained turn rate.  Can you say "pirouette"?  Let's hear it Paco!!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3897/is_200306/ai_n9262073/?tag=content;col1

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:39:43 am by Sludge »

average_joe

Re: Good Hornet Stuff Online
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:06:28 am »
Sludge,

Did you go through the Top Gum AIC course?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Good Hornet Stuff Online
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 04:21:28 am »
AIC?  No, since I dont know what that is.  I went thru Tyndall as an airforce AirBattleManager and flew on AWACS ("earwax" to fighter pilots) as a mission crewmember for 2 years in the reserves out of Tinker.  Thats all.

Later
Sludge