Author Topic: Invisible baggage carts  (Read 1216 times)

WebMaximus

Invisible baggage carts
« on: February 20, 2023, 07:04:34 pm »
Here's a new one I didn't see before. I'm used to invisible bags depending on viewing angle and distance but not even seeing the carts makes it even more interesting :-)

https://i.imgur.com/TLA6ZAKl.jpg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 08:12:15 pm by virtuali »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible baggage carts
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 08:14:19 pm »
This has been discussed and answered so many times and, of course, it's not a GSX problem. It's the very well known problem caused by having reached the maximum limit of Simobjects in the sim, which now there are many AI traffic products available to choose from, it's easier to reach.

This will cause objects to randomly disappear and, again, the most effective solution is to lower AI density and, if possible, disable Ground services for AI airplanes.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 08:34:19 pm »
This was at a rather small airport (ENVA) and I don't use AI traffic. I do all my flying online on Vatsim and in this case, it was only me and one other aircraft present.

So your explanation doesn't make sense.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 08:48:41 pm »
I based my explanation based on your rather sparse description of your situation, since nowhere you said you don't use AI and nowhere you included any details about your airport so, my explanation didn't "make sense", because you haven't included anything to help me doing a better one.

It's also not very clear if "I'm used to invisible bags depending on viewing angle and distance but not even seeing the carts" really means that ALSO the carts are affected by the viewing angle.

Again, a more precise report might have helped but, of course, nobody ever reported baggage *CARTS* disappearing by viewing angles before, while almost everybody that reported disappearing vehicles like that, always used AI injection and/or very dense airports, that's why I started with the most common explanation, lacking any better details from your report.

So, assuming you really mean the carts are also disappearing depending on the viewing angle, then you are the first one ever reporting this so, at this time, we have no idea what might causing it, and are waiting for further reports.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 09:00:15 pm »
I'm sorry I was unclear. For the carts, they were not affected by viewing angle nor distance.

Hard for me to include information I don't use AI traffic when I didn't know that has been a common problem before.

I don't know Umberto, I guess I'm just getting tired of these constant issues with your objects disappearing. On the other hand, I guess I should have gotten used to it by now.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 05:17:52 pm »
I don't know Umberto, I guess I'm just getting tired of these constant issues with your objects disappearing.

How your Objects LOD slider is set to ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 06:11:19 pm »
I have it set to the max value allowed via the menu in MSFS, that is 200.

Have been experimenting with increasing the value manually before but even when it made things better, it still wasn't perfect and given how adjusting this value will increase the object LOD not only for GSX but for everything, I decided to go back to what is the default max value.

I think the best thing would be if you somehow could change the objects such as the bags somehow. So they don't have this "aggressive" LOD implementation. But I also recall how you said it's hard due to the fact how the bags even when they look like simple objects in fact are more complex than the passengers for example. Where the passengers never disappear in the same way bags do. Or the pushback truck where only the part connecting to the nose wheel is visible after a certain distance when the truck is driving back after the pushback has been completed.
Richard Åsberg

glc100o

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 09:39:04 pm »
Could this be a similar occurrence of missing baggage cart? Only one cart is missing.

This is at Inibuilds KLAX. What is interesting is that I have used a GSX profile from Flightsim.to and it has worked fine. Never had anything missing. Then Inibuilds came out with an update recently and published their own GSX profile. I removed the Flightsim.to profile and added the Inibuilds one and got what I show in the link below. I think I saw a baggage cart arrive for the front loader but it was different from the rear loader shown, as it was covered on the sides and seemed to park too far away. There is a hint of it in the right upper corner.

I then removed the Inibuilds profile and replaced it with the Flightsim.to profile I had been using, and at the same gate and general viewing angle, etc., both identical baggage carts arrived.

Using NAVDATA API of course.

Maybe there is a problem with the Inibuilds profile?

https://youtu.be/dB3v0rDLSpc

Greg
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 10:25:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 10:26:48 pm »
I then removed the Inibuilds profile and replaced it with the Flightsim.to profile I had been using, and at the same gate and general viewing angle, etc., both identical baggage carts arrived.

I can't see how this could happen: if they disabled the front loader for that parking spot, it should disable the whole front cargo door from being used. But I can't see without checking the profile.