Author Topic: Landing no follow car  (Read 966 times)

ivo63

Landing no follow car
« on: February 20, 2023, 10:12:31 am »
Hello, I would like to ask for help, when I land at an airport and clear the runway, I ask from the GSX menu to choose the parking gate and ask for the follow car, they answer that the marshal has been sent to the gate, and the follow car is arriving, but after several minutes the follow car does not arrive, and also the usual countdown message of the arrival seconds does not appear. This happens in all the airports where I land, and they are by default in the game.

ivo63

Re: Landing no follow car
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:36:46 pm »
no follow car... no reply... ;D ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 11:44:58 am »
Nobody ever reported this before.

ivo63

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 11:17:47 am »
Good morning, if no one has ever reported the problem it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 10:01:30 am »
Good morning, if no one has ever reported the problem it doesn't mean that it
doesn't exist

If the problem existed, it would have been reported by somebody else so, the most we can say right now, if that it exists only on your system so, since you said something that is should be so obvious that everybody would have noticed it by now ( you said it happens everywhere ), the only possible reason I can think of is some kind of failure to either install or update GSX so, the usual suggestion is:

- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Launch the FSDT Live Update again.

If this doesn't fix it, it's *possible* your issue is caused by using an AI traffic product that uses AI injection with too high settings, so you reached the maximum limit of objects in the sim, which results in objects randomly disappearing.

This is a known problem that is obviously not caused by GSX, but it's a limitation of the sim which has been more apparent only after several popular AI traffic product has appeared, and can be fixed by reducing the amount of traffic injected.

From GSX, if you are on default airports, it might help unlicking the "Ground Clutter" option in the GSX Config panel and run another update, so it will download a more lightweight version of the jetway replacement files which won't contain any more objects than the default scenery they replaced, which will help by containing the number of objects in the scene.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:03:06 am by virtuali »