Author Topic: mxi othh parking positions  (Read 1077 times)

thenikos

mxi othh parking positions
« on: February 19, 2023, 06:59:54 pm »
hi everybody, i try to save a parking position at mxi othh airport (inibuilds a310 - 303 position- align it right on the 310 position) but it is impossible. i save the stop and parking positions at the place i want, but every time i load the plane it starts in another position.
i check the ini file is created and i think the pos coords are correct.
i think i do the procedure right, because in other airports it works fine.
what do you think i miss? thanks

thenikos

Re: mxi othh parking positions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 12:26:44 pm »
new observation: when i delete the ini file that gsx creates and i position the aircraft at 303 through msfs, as i said before, it is wrong. but then, when i go to gsx menu, and i reposition the aircraft with gsx (wrap me there) the plane gets in the right a310 position. that means gsx deeply inside knows already the right position. the question is why it does not position there the aircraft since the beggining? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 08:17:39 pm »
Please clarify all the following:

- If this airport is default or not.

- If it's not default, if it's bought on the MS marketplace.

- If it's bought on the MS Marketplace, if you enabled the SU10 Navdata API option in the GSX Config panel ( you must for those airports )

- If you downloaded a custom profile for the airport, if you are sure it's made for that version of the scenery.

thenikos

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 11:50:52 pm »
hi,
- no as i wrote at the title, it is the mxi airport
- i bought it from inibuilds store. it is inside the community folder, custom one, i have it in i:\msfs folder.
- no i don't use any custom profile. as i mentioned my only problem is during the initial load of the aircraft: instead of having the plane at the a310 line at the 303 parking position, i have it stuck in front on the wall. imagine if i call the jetway, it connects at the back door of the plane. but if i tell gsx to reposition the aircraft again at the 303 parking, then it does it right.
thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 05:16:16 pm »
as i mentioned my only problem is during the initial load of the aircraft: instead of having the plane at the a310 line at the 303 parking position, i have it stuck in front on the wall

That confirm it's a problem of the scenery because, when you load a flight from the Main Menu, GSX is NOT involved in ANY way to how the airplane is positioned, it would be just as wrong if you didn't had GSX installed.

imagine if i call the jetway, it connects at the back door of the plane.

Most likely.

but if i tell gsx to reposition the aircraft again at the 303 parking, then it does it right.

That's because GSX tries its best to fix these scenery problems and have the airplane parked in a more sensible position ( so a jetway docked on the wrong door won't cause users assuming GSX is bugged because passengers are in the air ), so it does some extra calculations based on the airplane door position and the parking radius, which in this case has improved the initial wrong positioning caused by how the scenery defined the parking spot.

thenikos

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 09:29:57 am »
thank you very much for your answers !!!