Author Topic: "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position"  (Read 1011 times)

sidfadc

"Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position"
« on: February 16, 2023, 08:48:20 pm »
When I try to launch GSX using Perfect Soft Studio GMMX from Simmarket I get the above error?

Been using GSX since launch and never seen this before, done a google and searched around but can't find anything conclusive.

I've followed the advice here to no avail but not sure if its the same issue - http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26934.0.html

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 08:51:19 pm by sidfadc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 08:20:55 pm »
The first thing to check is if GSX loaded the correct .BGL for the airport, in the airport customization page. Yes, you can open it even if you see that message, if you open it when you are NOT in a parking, for example on a runway.

This, assuming you have the SU10 Navdata API option Disabled, which is the default.

If you have the SU10 Navdata API option Enabled, GSX won't need to load or recognize the .BGL, so if you still see the message, the scenery might really have some problem, or there might be another scenery in conflict.

sidfadc

Re: "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position"
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 08:31:48 pm »
Thanks for reply I do have SU10 Navdata API enabled - so must be issue with scenery itself?

Just thought, I'm going to remove the payware and try the default option see what happens.  If GSX works on default airfield, then must be payware scenery at fault?