Author Topic: Help with Refueling PMDG 737 and GSX Pro  (Read 1101 times)

michel.buehler@bluewin.ch

Help with Refueling PMDG 737 and GSX Pro
« on: February 16, 2023, 12:14:40 am »
Hello All
I read a lot of threads about this topic and I really think I did it by the book and I still have issues with it. Before I describe my procedure - first let me summarize the problem:

When the fuel truck arrives, instead of asking me to enter the required fuel into FMC - a GSX window pops up where I can select from different filling amounts. AFAIK this should NOT be the case with the PMDG 737. To make sure all is OK with the plane I entered airplane customization and reverted any possible entries as suggested in one of Umberto's replies.

And now to my procedure

1. GSX Pro is updated
2. GSX Pro Settings has “always allow progressive refueling” checked
3. GSX Pro Settings has “detect custom aircraft refueling”: I tried both checked and unchecked (I understand that it should be unchecked so it is now unchecked)
4. I set my plane to 10% fuel BEFORE I call GSX Pro for refueling (I need 22% so I need fuel
5. My plane stands on an officially recognized parking position as I let GSX Pro choose & warp me there

Now, this is what happens:

- I call the truck
- Truck arrives and parks next to the plane
- GSX popps up a window where I can choose different fillings incl. Simbrief Recommendation (this is wrong apparently - it should ask me to enter the % into FMC but GSX DOES NOT aks this)
- I tried with different amounts - 20 / 50 / 75 / Simbrief

Now, GSX says that it starts to fill - but after a view seconds the truck goes away and I have not got any fuel.

I must be missing out on something - but what?

Thanks for your kind help!

Schnemat

Re: Help with Refueling PMDG 737 and GSX Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 08:44:21 am »
Hi Michael

I had similar issues and the way i am doing it atm with the pmdg's is to wait until the fuel truck has arrived and only then i put a low fuel amount into the fuel page (normally 1000kg) and after that i put in the required fuel amount. Usually the fuelling starts then.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help with Refueling PMDG 737 and GSX Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 10:45:59 am »
- GSX popps up a window where I can choose different fillings incl. Simbrief Recommendation (this is wrong apparently - it should ask me to enter the % into FMC but GSX DOES NOT aks this)

That's precisely the problem.

The PMDG 737 in the GSX Internal database is flagged has having a custom Fuel system, which means the "Show MSFS Fuel and Cargo dialog during refueling" option is Disabled, and it MUST stay Disabled, because its fuel quantity CANNOT be changed by GSX, since it's under control of the airplane own code, that's why we set it as Disabled.

Since you must have edited it and set back to Enabled, you are now seeing the GSX Fuel pop-up window, which you are NOT supposed to see, so the procedure expects GSX to be able to fill the airplane, but because it can't, nothing will work.

Just set the option back to our internal Default ( DISABLED ), or RESET the airplane configuration entirely, so GSX will use only the internal data, which it's guaranteed to be correct.