Author Topic: PMDG 737-700 / loading speed and Airstair  (Read 1282 times)

Philipp

PMDG 737-700 / loading speed and Airstair
« on: February 12, 2023, 10:18:36 pm »
Hi,
I really like this Addon, it gives a lot of realism to the sim. But after using it a lot with the PMDG 737-700 there are two questions left:

- I like quick boarding, so I'm boarding and refueling at the same time. the only thing I have to wait for ist the baggage loading. They are really not very fast and are starting first, when refueling is finished. Is there a way to speed it up? There is enough space for fueling and loading, or could it depend on the loading mass they have to move?

- Another question to the airstair. Is it possible to detect, if airstair is extended, so that there is no need for a stair? It seems to be marked in the "modify aircraft" windows, but it does not work (I'm using the standard profile, not modified).

I hope you can give me an answer, thanks.

Philipp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737-700 / loading speed and Airstair
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 04:05:58 pm »
They are really not very fast and are starting first, when refueling is finished. Is there a way to speed it up? There is enough space for fueling and loading, or could it depend on the loading mass they have to move?

The luggage boarding move at a realistic speed which has been measured against the real life speed of the conveyor belt and, of course, matches the character animation that needs to go back to put the bag on the cart and go back again, making it "faster" will likely look funny and unrealistic.

The overall process is mostly tied to how many carts there are, which is a fixed number of 3 and how many bags per cart, which is a fixed number of 11, it would be much longer if we tried loading a realistic amount of bags based on the number of passengers...

Another question to the airstair. Is it possible to detect, if airstair is extended, so that there is no need for a stair? It seems to be marked in the "modify aircraft" windows, but it does not work (I'm using the standard profile, not modified).

The airstair is already detected automatically, but will only work on departure, provided you lower it BEFORE calling GSX.

It will never work on arrival, because GSX cannot possibly know if you are going to use the airstair or not, and at that time, it has already created stairs so, ideally, it should make them go away if you select Deboarding with the embedded stair lowered, which currently doesn't do, but it's something we can consider for a future update.

Philipp

Re: PMDG 737-700 / loading speed and Airstair
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 06:36:57 pm »
Thanks for all the answers. Now I know, that I can’t hurry the loading guys up.