Author Topic: GSX use with the PMDG 737-700/800 seems to have changed  (Read 3481 times)

MediumRareBaku

GSX use with the PMDG 737-700/800 seems to have changed
« on: February 12, 2023, 07:22:15 pm »
I have changed no settings in GSX as far as I can remember.

My usual GSX/PMDG 737 workflow (I know it's not received compatibility with the 900 yet, this is about the 700/800) that has worked great for me for months was the following:
1. Load the aircraft in the Payload menu
2. Request boarding in GSX
3. Call the PMDG fuel truck and fuel the aircraft with the PMDG fuel truck/FMS menu
4. GSX would board passengers for an appropriate time duration and load bags

In the last week or so, it has changed to where I do the above and GSX will start making the passengers loading sounds, will not ask me if I want to board crew, and will abruptly stop the sound/stop boarding passengers after about 30 seconds. It continues to load bags normally.

This reminds me of the Fenix before I knew how to work it, which was to leave it empty until the fuel truck showed up and then immediately load pax/bags/fuel in the EFB. Has something changed in the backend with GSX to where I need to do it this way with the PMDG now?

Wothan

Re: GSX use with the PMDG 737-700/800 seems to have changed
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:10:46 pm »
I see the same here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 04:16:43 pm »
We surely haven't changed anything in the last week, especially considering the last update was Jan. 25th.

What might have changed in your system during last week (you don't say, so I need to guess), might be the installation of a recent AI Traffic product that, if not configured ( disabling ground services for AI ), will easily surpass the maximum number of objects displayed, causing both objects to disappear, but possibly even disruption to Simconnect itself, which will cause all sort of issues with any add-on.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 04:31:54 pm »
I do indeed have FS Traffic installed. I have seen objects disappearing once or twice but have not heard anything about it disrupting SimConnect. I'll disable it and see if the PMDG and GSX return to normal service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 05:54:54 pm »
I have seen objects disappearing once or twice but have not heard anything about it disrupting SimConnect.

That's the next step of disruption, when the maximum number of Simobject has been reached by a big amount, so the sim cannot even recognize commands being set to it, to both create but even *remove* existing object. The last step is an fps collapse, followed by the arrival airport completely gone.

Very well known and documented issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/arrival-airports-traffic-and-fps-have-disappeared/552363

romaf12008

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 06:41:57 pm »
I have this problem once in a while. I overload the couatl and the passengers are loaded normally. At the same time, nothing disappears around