Author Topic: GSX Loading please wait  (Read 1270 times)

mike81

GSX Loading please wait
« on: February 08, 2023, 02:35:56 pm »
Hi,

I just purchased the product a couple hours ago but am constantly stuck with the "loading GSX menu please wait".
I've restarted my PC several times, added exclusions to my Anti Virus, restarted the GSX MSFS from the taskbar, nothing seems to help.
The airport cache loads succesfully but I still end up with the GSX menu not loading.

Thanks,
Mike.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Loading please wait
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:05:46 pm »
It's not clear if you are having this at start, or before landing.

If you are having it at start, it might only be you just need to wait for the cache generation to complete, and you can't call the menu during that time. Note that, if you enabled the SU10 Navdata API option, the airport cache won't be used anymore, so you might start doing that first.

If you are having it after landing, here there are some suggestions you can try:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28908.msg189549.html#msg189549

mike81

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 01:01:40 pm »
This is at the start of my flight after installing GSX Pro.
The cache generation does complete as I receive a message saying it's loaded the cache in 4 seconds.
I've tried checking/unchecking the SU10 Navdata API option and the result is the same  - Loading GSX menu please wait.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:23:24 pm »
I've tried checking/unchecking the SU10 Navdata API option and the result is the same  - Loading GSX menu please wait.

I'm fairly sure that,  checking/unchecking the SU10 Navdata API won't give the "same" result. At least, you should not see the message saying it's loaded the cache in 4 seconds, that tells you the SU10 Navdata option is in use.

Are you sure the Couatl engine is really running ? There's a strange quirk in Windows that, even if you see an icon in the tray notification area, it might refer to a program that already crashed and, the icon won't go away until you hover with the mouse on it, and this can easily mislead thinking a program is running when it really isn't.

So, be sure the Couatl program is really running.

Also, follow the instructions here to create a log:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

ZIP it and attach it to a post so we can have a look at it.

mike81

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 06:43:07 pm »
I was able to fix the issue by following lutenilawi's advice from this page -
https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/xoixyt/gsx_pro_stuck_menu_loading_please_wait/
Now the GSX menu loads correctly but leads into another issue.
I'm trying to complete a flight from GMMX airport (default asobo airport) but the jetways still appear as default jetways? I checked from the FSDT universal installer config and it's not added to the Disabled list so I'm trying to work out why I still have default jetways?

mike81

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 07:35:14 am »
Could someone please test the gates at GMMX airport and verify whether they have the default jetways still or have they been replaced by GSX jetways?

mike81

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 02:56:32 pm »
I've tested GSX at other airports and it seems to work fine so I'm not sure why GMMX has an issue, would still love to know if anyone else has default jetways at the default GMMX or replaced jetways with GSX. If someone could check it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 03:04:25 pm by mike81 »

Noncon

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 03:40:44 pm »
I get GSX jetways at GMMX, they read 'UBA Africa's Global Bank'

mike81

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 08:08:41 am »
Thank you very much for your reply Noncon I appreciate you checking!
I'll have to check my cfg files etc to check if there is a conflict somewhere.
Thanks again.