Author Topic: LVARs to start Boarding/Deboarding/Pushback...  (Read 998 times)

Commander_KK

LVARs to start Boarding/Deboarding/Pushback...
« on: February 09, 2023, 12:24:38 pm »
Hi,

are there plans to publish LVAR's to start boarding, deboarding, pushback etc?
It would be great so we could start pushback for example with axes and ohs with speech commands.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LVARs to start Boarding/Deboarding/Pushback...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 12:28:13 pm »
What do you mean LVars to "start" something ?

LVars are used to communicate what GSX is doing to other add-ons, so they can react to it, but "controlling" GSX remotely, it's a completely different matter, and it's not something we are willing to do, without anticipating all the possible issues of other add-ons possibly do unexpected things that might look like bugs, which would be very difficult to troubleshoot.

Commander_KK

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 12:46:31 pm »
in your manual you published a few variables to "read" out some things from GSX like fueling status ect.
I use for example the variable "not boarding crew" and "not boarding pilot" (don't know the exact name) that when
I start boarding gsx does not ask me to board crew or pilot. (I use it with spadnext)

It would be great to have variables to start boarding / deboarding ect. instead of clicking through a menu.
and axes and ohs it would be possible, (what I heard. I don't own it) to control it with speech. like

"Cockpit to Ground, we are ready for pushback"
and the pushback would start.

(the thing with the immersion  ;) )

greetings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:10:33 pm »
in your manual you published a few variables to "read" out some things from GSX like fueling status ect. I use for example the variable "not boarding crew" and "not boarding pilot" (don't know the exact name) that when I start boarding gsx does not ask me to board crew or pilot. (I use it with spadnext)

You probably confused read with write here, but yes, I understand what  you are saying. Yes, you can write to these and "control" something in GSX, because we know writing to this cannot possibly cause much issues, but starting whole services altogether is a completely different matter, it's way more complex, because an add-on might try to call a service when it shouldn't, so we would probably need a fairly complex system of back and forth interaction between the addon and GSX, which might give back eventual errors on why a certain services couldn't be called at that particular time, to which the add-on would eventually need to react and handle the failure gracefully.

Clearly, even if we had such system, using LVars is not the correct tool to use, we'll need some kind of remote control API, so there can be a two way communication.