Author Topic: Reinstall issues  (Read 2378 times)

rneale

Re: Reinstall issues
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2023, 05:25:34 pm »
Im same as you Jack if you work it out let me know and i will you to. As for a work around at the min ive noticed if u activate then when it says to input key just cancel and it will activate the scenery for that sesson. It will need activating again next time u start flight sim. Not sure if this is something to do with the saved regedit files from my old computer that i have run so the reg keys are in the directories.

jackryan

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2023, 07:45:43 pm »
Progress! Well sorta.

I can activate products doing the following:
1) On initial load the program asks if I would like to activate the product (step1_reg.JPG)
2) the esellerate (rocket ship) comes up and I select Connect (step2_reg.JPG)
3) the main esellerate screens up (step3_reg.JPG) I select cancel.
4) The screen displays the product has been activated (step5_reg.jpg)
5) Then I get the notice of the reg key being saved (step4_reg.JPG)

I have to do this for each FSDT scenery every time I run FS9.  There seems to be no persistence between sessions for activations.

I currently have three FSDreamteam sceneries installed and I run the setup_addon_manager after each install.  I did make one change; I took fs9.exe out of running in compatibility mode (Win XP).   

I am still concerned that I am getting the esellerate screens instead of the other system.  I can live with this.  At this point I would like to solve the persistence issue and be done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

rneale

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2023, 11:28:25 am »
Thats the same issue i have jack and what u have done is what i mentioned in an earlier post about being able to activate just for the current sim session, its a right pain i have all the FSDT stuff means loading the sim can take ages. i have been and copied reg files from my old pc but have still had no luck. ive disabled all forms of antivirus and firewalls as well but still no joy. weird thing is there are esellerate reg entries in the files and they come back when i delete them. it seems that standalone updater is not working. the closest ive had it to work is it asks for a longer activation key than i have i think this is the new form of activation key where as i have the old one starting with FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2023, 11:45:24 am »
I'll repeat it again:

- If you see the activation progress bar that doesn't seem to connect and, after a brief pause, the Esellerate offline activation page comes out, there's only possible explanation for it, and it's something is preventing to connect to the "live" activation servers, which are the QLM ones.

I have to do this for each FSDT scenery every time I run FS9.  There seems to be no persistence between sessions for activations.

The Windows XP compatibility can cause exactly that, lack of persistence between sessions, since it redirect to the wrong registry settings. That's why I always said to remove every compatibility option in FS9.EXE, which is not required.

jackryan

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2023, 10:44:28 pm »
I'll repeat it again:

- If you see the activation progress bar that doesn't seem to connect and, after a brief pause, the Esellerate offline activation page comes out, there's only possible explanation for it, and it's something is preventing to connect to the "live" activation servers, which are the QLM ones.

The Windows XP compatibility can cause exactly that, lack of persistence between sessions, since it redirect to the wrong registry settings. That's why I always said to remove every compatibility option in FS9.EXE, which is not required.

I dont see the activation progress bar.  I only see the first esellerate screen after I click on the screen that asks if I would like to activate it.  Do you have a screen shot of what I am supposed to see?

Thanks,
Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023, 03:12:30 pm »
I dont see the activation progress bar

This means the lack of connection caused by the firewall/antivirus might have been detected immediately.