Author Topic: All the ground vehicles are missing.  (Read 1236 times)

Lucifer_Morningstar

All the ground vehicles are missing.
« on: February 02, 2023, 07:38:11 pm »
Hello,

I noticed today after doing a reinstall of GSX Pro (removed to see if it was causing my stutters) that when I call for fuel I hear the fuel truck arrive but there are no trucks visible at all. Then there is no pushback vehicle to be seen however the pushback feature still works. No baggage vehicles or anything visible.

SimonTricks

Re: All the ground vehicles are missing.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 09:06:37 pm »
Do you have any traffic addons like FSLTL or FS Traffic installed. Since MSFS imposses a SimObjectz limit using GSX in conjunction with these addons can cause the limit to be exceeded and will make either traffic or GSX vehicles invisible.
If you dont have nay traffic addon I´d recommend rechcking if all GSX files are installed correctly - you can do that in the installer

Lucifer_Morningstar

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 11:18:05 pm »
Yes, I do have FS Traffic... I didn't even think of that being part of the problem... I wonder if there will be a way to make those add ons play well with GSX... I can't stand being at an airport with no AI traffic so one of those is a must for me lol

SimonTricks

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 10:07:40 am »
I dont know Fs Traffic, but I bet there is an option to reduce traffic density so you won´t run into the Object cap so quickly

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 11:11:20 am »
I wonder if there will be a way to make those add ons play well with GSX...

There are some suggestions in the manual regarding this - recommended action is to reduce ground services. You can also reduce the time before departure setting too. Both using the Traffic Control Centre.

I believe Umberto has recommended in the FSDT Installer to uncheck the 'Extra ground clutter' option as well as another option.

RUnnerNSK

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 06:13:50 am »
Got the same issue after last update. Can't find any solution (

RUnnerNSK

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 06:31:16 am »
Hello,

I noticed today after doing a reinstall of GSX Pro (removed to see if it was causing my stutters) that when I call for fuel I hear the fuel truck arrive but there are no trucks visible at all. Then there is no pushback vehicle to be seen however the pushback feature still works. No baggage vehicles or anything visible.
Ok, i found the problem generator - justflight fstraffic. Remove it - now all working good.

Seth2413

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 11:42:22 am »
Go into the fsdt installer program, press config, then make sure 'extra ground clutter' is unchecked.  That will get rid of heaps of objects to start with.  Good luck getting GSX and FS Traffic to be nice with one another.  Ive just about given up on FST but GSX frustrates me no end as well. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 11:45:03 am »
As explained so many times, the problem of disappearing objects it's a very well known limitation in MSFS, which will start to break up and remove things, if the overall maximum number of objects is reached.

While it's very difficult to reach this limit with just GSX alone, and in fact nobody ever had it this before several popular AI traffic product has been released in the past months, when you add an AI traffic product to a previously working GSX, if you don't act on the AI settings to keep the overall number under control, it's way easier to run into this problem.

What you can do from GSX side, is disable "Ground Clutter" in the Config panel, and run an update, to install a more lightweight version of the GSX jetway replacement files which will contain the same number of objects ( just jetways and nothing else ) compared to the files they replaced. This will work only at default airports where jetways has been replaced by GSX though.

But the most effective change is, of course, acting on the AI traffic program itself, which means limiting the maximum number of AI created.

In FS Traffic, you can reduce the number of object A LOT, by disabling Ground Services for AI in the FS Traffic configurator. Since a serviced AI can add up to 10 ground vehicles, with hundreds of AI visible at dense airport, you can easily surpass the maximum number of Simobjects ( officially documented as 1000 ), without even calling GSX for your airplane.

Note that, jetways DO count towards the limit and, on some sceneries like KORD, KLAX, EGLL, LFPG, etc, you can have 150-200 object already taken as just jetways so, it's clear you need to keep your AI under control, otherwise it would be impossible to use that airport, even without adding GSX.