Author Topic: Nothing working after buying new products  (Read 905 times)

Viggi

Nothing working after buying new products
« on: February 04, 2023, 03:17:03 pm »
Hi

So I bought your PHNL and Hawaiian airports vol.1 sceneries last week and installed them, for some reason however Nothing worked after installation, by nothing I mean, No GSX, no Couatl starting, every product appears in "trial mode" even though it's registered and of course the sceneries don't load and instead show black holes where buildings are supposed to be. Keep in mind that I have KLAX, KORD, KMEM, KLAS and KDFW as well and always had some issues from time to time but usually I was able to fix them. I uninstalled every product, excluded the Addon Manager folder from my Antivirus updated everything and.... it worked.... only once.... After one flight with everything working as intended I very carefully closed the sim and returned for another flight the next day and nothing worked again... cool.... Same procedure as the last time uninstalling etc. and it worked again for one single flight after which couatl GSX and every other FSDT product just refused to work.
I'm tired of this honestly, I searched up and down for the root of the problem but just can't find it I've run the updater countless times, edited the dll.xml and exe.xml which in the past sometimes helped me resolve problems with FSDT products, I activated and deactivated my products but nothing does the trick, I'm kinda frustrated by the way the sceneries HAVE to have couatl running unlike literally every other scenery one can buy which would make things a whole lot easier.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but for some reason my Honolulu key isn't valid anymore? I don't why that is, the others are perfectly fine

Regards
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 03:45:30 pm by Viggi »

yurirodin

Re: Nothing working after buying new products
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 10:12:09 pm »
Hello there,

I've recently had this issue after buying and installing Hawaiian airports vol. 1. What is happening is that Windows Firewall is excluding FSDT products without telling you about it. It is not the anti-virus, but the Windows firewall that needs to be disabled. I solved this problem by going into Windows Security - Firewall and Network Protection then turned off Domain network, Private network and Public network firewall. Then reinstalled and ran FSDT Live Update with the Firewall off and it reinstated all my FSDT products including Hawaiian airports Vol.1. For some reason this product is tripping Windows Firewall that is effecting most of the FSDT products installed on your system. Hope this helps.

Viggi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 02:52:37 pm »
Hi

So, I got GSX to work again, the Problem is it works only without Hawaiian vol. 1 installed  I did what you told me to, only for some reason when I install Hawaiian Airports 1  with yout instructions I encounter the same issues again of nothing working... I'm gonna continue to search for a solution... if nothing works I'm just gonna try to get my money back if that's possible

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 01:45:25 pm »
Why you are posting again here, when you have been already supported by email, clearly explaining what your mistake was ?

As I explained in your email, your error was you said your key for PHNL didn't work, but you posted in your email your key for Hawaiian airports 1, so you have been of course replied that, to activate PHNL, you need to use your key for PHNL, which was in your Simmarket order together with the key for Hawaii airports 1.

Now you say something new, that you have GSX working only at Hawaii airports 1. This is normal if you don't activate GSX too: in Trial mode, it will only work on FSDT airports, until you activate it with a key for GSX, and then it will work on every airport.

As far as installation is concerned, never use any installer other than the ones you find on our site and the best procedure to be sure everything is up to date is:

- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer:

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

- Install it and use it to Update GSX and other FSDT products you might have.

If still doesn't work, try to RESTART Windows after installing the Universal Installer