Author Topic: Cessna Citation Longitude crash starting pushback  (Read 2533 times)

Sugaman

Cessna Citation Longitude crash starting pushback
« on: February 04, 2023, 12:18:25 am »
Hi, I would try the new avionc of last msfs update with cessna longitude.
I've asked for pushback but when I release parking brakes, after 1 seconds, airplane crashes with the error "you damaged your landing gear".
How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Jek790

Re: Cessna Citation Longitude crash starting pushback
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 10:36:26 am »
I also have this problem. Help to solve it. You can't load passengers or cargo into the plane. Towing is the only thing you can use with GSX. And it does not work. It is sad.

Sugaman

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 10:49:58 am »
I also have this problem. Help to solve it. You can't load passengers or cargo into the plane. Towing is the only thing you can use with GSX. And it does not work. It is sad.

This is normal, it depends on the plane, it's not a gsx problem... What it's not normal is that the plane crashes with pushback..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:10:43 am »
We are aware of this, but we really can't fully understand why it happens.

Something similar happened with a plane from Captain Sim, but a user reported it was fixed by editing the airplane contact points but, the problem is the Longitude has its flight model files encrypted, so we can't even check if that's the case with this airplane too.

OG_18

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 02:02:13 am »
I've asked for pushback but when I release parking brakes, after 1 seconds, airplane crashes with the error "you damaged your landing gear".
How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Something similar happened with a plane from Captain Sim, but a user reported it was fixed by editing the airplane contact points but, the problem is the Longitude has its flight model files encrypted, so we can't even check if that's the case with this airplane too.

I have found a temporary solution to this glitch. After asking for pushback and choose the direction, start editing the plane. This is going to make the plane levitate a few centimeters. To realese parking brakes and start engines, change the camera to the cockpit one. Finally, when the pushback ends, change the camera again back to the "showaround" one and press enter to leave editing mode (I don't know how this camera is called in the english version).

Sugaman

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 08:36:44 am »
How can I fix this?

Thanks.

I have found a temporary solution to this glitch. After asking for pushback and choose the direction, start editing the plane. This is going to make the plane levitate a few centimeters. To realese parking brakes and start engines, change the camera to the cockpit one. Finally, when the pushback ends, change the camera again back to the "showaround" one and press enter to leave editing mode (I don't know how this camera is called in the english version).

A bit complicated, I think I will use another pushback tool for now... thanks anyway!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 08:59:39 am »
 In 32 years of working at a fairly busy airport with plenty of biz jets. I can't say that I've ever seen any bizjet get pushed back. That's another way to look at it.
 The FBO/Ground handler positions the aircraft prior to the crews arrival so that it can just taxi off of the apron when the time comes.

Sugaman

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 09:05:58 am »
In 32 years of working at a fairly busy airport with plenty of biz jets. I can't say that I've ever seen any bizjet get pushed back. That's another way to look at it.
 The FBO/Ground handler positions the aircraft prior to the crews arrival so that it can just taxi off of the apron when the time comes.

You are right, but where are FBO/Ground handlers who does this in msfs2020.... how can I position aircraft to taxi without pushback??

cannow

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 07:04:00 pm »
For info Virtualli the SF50 vision does the same thing on pushback. Cant use either .

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 07:45:17 pm »

You are right, but where are FBO/Ground handlers who does this in msfs2020.... how can I position aircraft to taxi without pushback??
  I would first pick a spot that looks like it is at an FBO/GA apron, and then adjust it in GSX to suit your needs. Most GA/Bizjet parking in any of the sim's is taxi in/taxi out.

lassombra

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2023, 08:55:48 pm »

It took me only a year of being a ground handler at a much less busy airport to witness a pushback of a bizjet at a small FBO with pax onboard.  It does happen.  It's rare, in this case, the turnaround was so quick they didn't have time to reposition it, and the ramp was too busy to have "through" parking set up.

I would first pick a spot that looks like it is at an FBO/GA apron, and then adjust it in GSX to suit your needs. Most GA/Bizjet parking in any of the sim's is taxi in/taxi out.

This is a good suggestion and when paired with GSX's ability to "teleport" to parking spots on load means you don't have to mess with the AFCAD, just update the parking configuration at your favorite airport to support through parking.

That said, I would like the feature available, so to that end:

Hopefully this workaround can give Virtuali some idea of how a programmatic work around can be added?

Finally, it'd be really nice if we could define parking spots as power out spots.  When I was a ground handler for Northwest at a smaller airport, one of our gates we didn't do pushback, we just moved the jetway far enough out of the way that the plane could literally just taxi out.  It'd be really cool to be able to instead of setting pushback we can set taxi out path and have a marshaller guide the plane along that path.

Jek790

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 02:52:20 pm »
It seemed to me that default planes are the first thing on which the products of such a plan are tested. It's good when it works with Fenix or PMDG. It's nice. But, MSFS is the kind of product where you can fly stock planes. I really hope the problem is found.
If it helps, it's not the plane that crashes. It, for some reason lifts in the air (although in the settings nose lift is disabled), and the tug disappears. The plane falls to the ground, and the message comes out about the broken landing gear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
I'll repeat again my last post:

Jek790

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023, 10:37:09 am »
Yes. I read your last post. And I just hope that in time you will find a solution to this problem. Everyone understands that Asobo won't rework his plane because it doesn't work with the GSX. Longitude does not have a problem with the Asobo tow plane. So they won't acknowledge the problem either. But, I have not purchased your first product and have always been satisfied. I trust that everything will be fine this time too. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:41:09 am by Jek790 »