Author Topic: Single most immersion breaking thing  (Read 1364 times)

Brokenbroccoli

Single most immersion breaking thing
« on: February 01, 2023, 09:57:56 pm »
Okay so GSX Pro has improved a lot since launch, fixing much stuff. One of the major things that received a lot of criticism at launch somehow doesn't get much attention nowadays, for me it is still the elephant in the room: the raising at the beginning of the pushback and the resulting drop at the end of the pushback. I'm not talking about the nose raise with the "big" pushback truck, but the sudden raise also happening when being pushed by a tug. I believe the voices fell silent because of other bugs and the people getting used to it being that way "it is what it is", but I still find it the most immersion breaking issue with GSX Pro. So is there still work going on regarding this issue or is there anything you need Asobo/ airplane devs to do first? If so, what? So we as a community can make them aware of it.

ibeam

Re: Single most immersion breaking thing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 02:00:15 am »
I had this happen the first time I used it.  However in my case I knew what it probably was from my old 'pushback tool bar' install.  For me it turned out the one of my joystick sliders was assigned for 'brakes' (I dont have pedals).  Once I checked that anything assigned to brakes was turned off, slide down, turn know, ect - was all set for brakes OFF, it then worked smoothly.

TLDR: make sure actual brakes are off (not just the brake switch)

It may help

Copper

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 04:21:27 pm »
The issue has nothing to do with brakes.
GSX freezes the aircraft which resets it into a state of non-compressed struts as if the aircraft was empty. Most aircraft simulate weight causing the struts to compress while loading and the state that GSX needs to put the aircraft into in order to move if during pushback is basically temporarily resetting this, turning off physics.
Similar but opposite is what happens after the pushback, it's basically physics that suddenly kick in.

As far as I understood Umberto (it's not like this is the first time asked), there is no way to have a good movement during pushback and not having this happen. I think MSFS needs some other locking/freezing possibility in order to fix this for GSX.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 07:32:30 pm »
GSX freezes the aircraft which resets it into a state of non-compressed struts as if the aircraft was empty. Most aircraft simulate weight causing the struts to compress while loading and the state that GSX needs to put the aircraft into in order to move if during pushback is basically temporarily resetting this, turning off physics.
Similar but opposite is what happens after the pushback, it's basically physics that suddenly kick in.

As far as I understood Umberto (it's not like this is the first time asked), there is no way to have a good movement during pushback and not having this happen. I think MSFS needs some other locking/freezing possibility in order to fix this for GSX.

Yeah and I wonder if there are any effort being made to fix this anytime. There is no post about this in the MSFS SDK Forum. I'd hate to see this being treated like "it is what it iss"

ibeam

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 09:10:36 pm »
I wonder why I have never experienced what you are describing, I look forward to hearing the developers response.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 12:17:37 pm »
Yeah and I wonder if there are any effort being made to fix this anytime. There is no post about this in the MSFS SDK Forum. I'd hate to see this being treated like "it is what it iss"

Can't you just accept another possibility, and is that one you think it's a "single most immersion breaking thing" for you, is not as "big as an elephant" for other users ?

I find the issues with everything that relates to jetways WAY more annoying than a very minor bump at the end of the pushback, because they really cause problems that can be easily identified as "GSX bugs", like passengers walking in the air, due to the various ways a jetway cannot be identified and the lack of any data about its animation we currently miss from the SDK.

That's why we are first and foremost insisted on the issues about Jetways on the devs forum, and let's try to obtain those before asking for something else, because asking too many things at the same time is a sure way of not getting anything, when instead it's best to focus on most pressing matters first.

In addition to that, don't you think if there was a way to "fix" this, we wouldn't have already done it ?

We tried giving the option to remove the aircraft freezing, which is the only way to get a very precise control over it, but this resulted in what I think it's way worse than the bump at the end, and it was a constant stuttering, because the airplane own physic was fighting against GSX one. Clearly, a constant stuttering for the entire duration of the pushback is way worse than a single small bump at the end, when "immersion breaking" is concerned.