Author Topic: PAX disembark to the wrong jetway node  (Read 1261 times)

ACSoft

PAX disembark to the wrong jetway node
« on: January 30, 2023, 03:31:11 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Very funny error this afternoon !

Had my PAX disembarking from LSGG (RedWings adon) jetway 43 to the end node of the jetway 42 !

https://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/Wrong-node.jpg

who is guilty ? GSX or the LSGG scenery?

If GSX is involved, is there maybe a way to correct this (edition of the LSGG gates ini file ?)

Thanks in forward for any help !

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:30:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PAX disembark to the wrong jetway node
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 05:15:04 pm »
Try that, and doesn't happen here, see the attached screenshot. There's only the minor issue of having to set a custom height for the jetway floor, so passengers will walk over the floor at the correct height but, other than that, they are moving in the jetway correctly.

It's possible you have a conflict with another scenery. Have you disabled LSGG from GSX jetway replacement ?

ACSoft

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 05:33:13 pm »
Yes, LSGG is disabled, that's sure.

In my case, I have customized all these LSGG satellite gates and actually, I am testing the new addon FS Traffic, but I doubt it interfere with GSX PAX.

I will investigate a bit more !

PS:
By the way, running Couatl in  Windows 8 compatibility mode, solved my systematic crash of this engine, during all flights !
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 05:41:02 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 05:36:53 pm »
In my case, I have customized all these

Not possible to know more without knowing exactly how you customized these, which means checking your profile.

If the parking spots were swapped ( for example if the airport was updated after you made the profile, and they changed some parking spots ), your profile won't work correctly, because it references a parking spot that might be now in a different position.

ACSoft

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 05:45:43 pm »
Sorry for the previous incomplete answer ! I miss-typed on my keyboard !

As I said in the edited version, I will investigate more. It is already precious you were able to test on your side, and a good news that it was OK. Maybe my INI is corrupted. I will see !

ACSoft

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 07:41:30 pm »
Interesting, it happen also on LFML (version Beautiful Model of the World), jetway 4B, as you can see on the picture !

https://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/Wrong-node2.jpg

I check where these PAX fellow were going and it was on the gate jetway on the other side of building !!!

This gate was also fully customized in GSX !

I start to suspect an interference with FS Traffic.

What do-you suggest to test, to isolate the problem. For sure, the first one I will try tomorrow, will be to redo the flight, but without FS Traffic installed !

EDIT 21H00: A first test, I loaded the Fenix on 31R and then returned to gate 4B and tried to disembark and this time, passenger had a correct path. FS Traffic was still active. Very strange !!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 08:58:20 pm by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 11:19:54 am »
I check where these PAX fellow were going and it was on the gate jetway on the other side of building !!!

This is likely a case of the jetway object not properly identified, because of all the reasons explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

ACSoft

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 01:05:38 pm »
Very interesting and plausible explanation, thanks Umberto.

I will continue my investigations, like this morning, where I tried a LSZH>LSGG flight. I started cold & dark in terminal E, on a medium location. Had the jetway who retracted for no reasons. I thought it was just the very well known Asobo bug, but it was not ! The gate was effectively retracted (not just visual), because after, the PAX didn't boarded, while the baggage were loaded normally ! In Geneva, I used gate 42 (was free), but when I selected deboarding, the jetway didn't come and when I called it manually, the support with the wheels goes up side down. Something I saw already quite often in LSGG.

I must say that I start to be really fed up with this MSFS ! We spend more time in trying, investigating problems than in really flying with pleasure !

ACSoft

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 03:09:57 pm »
OK I redo my LSZH>LSGG test flight, this time starting from gate A2 and I decided to test again the gate 42 in LSGG. Guess what ! A miracle ! :) Not the smallest problem during the whole flight ! Great ! including the disembark of PAX, which was straight right in the tube !

BUT !!! The FS Traffic was broken on arrival. I mean, no traffic at all, a totally empty airport ! A bug many users complain about on the Just Flight forum. Does this mean that the disembark problem of yesterday has effectively something to do with FS Traffic ? I don't know, but I continue to test.