Author Topic: CTD Every flight, couatl64_MSFS.exe  (Read 690 times)

Mejjo

CTD Every flight, couatl64_MSFS.exe
« on: January 30, 2023, 02:48:25 pm »
Hi there

I have a fresh windows install, fresh MSFS install and only have 2 addons installed ( Fenix A320 and GSX Pro )

Every flight i have a CTD within 30 - 60 minutes of the flight. In the event log there is only one error showing on the CTD and that is couatl64_MSFS.exe.

I have reinstalled GSX pro but i really don't know what more i could possibly try? Has anyone else started to get this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD Every flight, couatl64_MSFS.exe
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 04:37:51 pm »
Every flight i have a CTD within 30 - 60 minutes of the flight. In the event log there is only one error showing on the CTD and that is couatl64_MSFS.exe.

By definition, GSX/Couatl CANNOT CRASH THE SIM, since it runs completely external to the simulator, under a separate .EXE ( the Couatl engine ), and by definition, an regular .EXE like that doesn't have ANY access to the simulator process or memory, this is enforced at the Windows level.

What CAN happen, instead, it's the sim crashing for other reasons, and bring GSX down with it, this is to be expected and can easily mislead you thinking the "cause" was GSX ( maybe you see GSX crashing in the Windows Event Viewer), when it was the other way around.