Author Topic: Deicing Request/Suggestion -- add/allow the selection of multiple deicing fluids  (Read 1039 times)

phase1NE

In my experience, it's pretty much standard procedure, especially when it's visibly snowing and accumulating on the aircraft, for planes to get both de-icing fluid (Type I) and then anti-ice fluid (Type IV) applied before departing.

Although GSX deicing is purely visual at this point, it'd be awesome if we were able to select multiple fluids to be applied if necessary, just as we would IRL.

Brokenbroccoli

I'd rather have them de-ice the whole plane instead of just the wings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I'd rather have them de-ice the whole plane instead of just the wings

I hope you are aware this will require editing all aircraft profiles ever made, to add additional deicing points.

phase1NE

Yea, that'd be a gigantic pain in the ass to setup. Especially since Type IV is only applied to the wings/tail, while Type I is applied everywhere that has snow/ice build up.

Brokenbroccoli

I hope you are aware this will require editing all aircraft profiles ever made, to add additional deicing points.

Profile creation community is pretty big, I don't think it would take too much time to have the most popular planes ready if the community can work on it
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:52:48 am by virtuali »

MediumRareBaku

Seems fine to me for the profiles to need to be updated, the community is already pretty active with creating airport and aircraft profiles.