Author Topic: Font size in new menu.  (Read 2010 times)

Pirateinparadise

Font size in new menu.
« on: January 22, 2023, 05:35:40 pm »
Thank you for the recent update!

The text in the new menu is extremely small on my 3440x1440 monitor. I tried changing the interface and minimum text size options in the Accessibility section of MSFS options, but they didn't change the text size in the menu choice section. Those options do affect the size of where it says "GSX Main Menu", but nothing else.

Is there another setting hiding somewhere that I can use to increase the font size?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Font size in new menu.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 06:33:04 pm »
I tried changing the interface and minimum text size options in the Accessibility section of MSFS options, but they didn't change the text size in the menu choice section. Those options do affect the size of where it says "GSX Main Menu", but nothing else.

The two option are not working in the same way:

- The Minimum text size will only affect the title, yes, because its font size is not customized, it's default, so it reacts to the minimum text size.

- The  Interface scale, instead, will affect all the other fonts in the GSX menu, except the title, because they are all customized in relationship to the Interface Scale value.

So, you surely must have seen a difference using the two. Unfortunately, I don't have a 4K monitor to compare but, what is your Interface Scale set to now ?

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 12:58:37 am »
I played with the settings a little more.

The minimum text size slider has a range of 18 to 36 on my system. It does not seem to increase the font size of the GSX menu items but it does make the MSFS menu items larger. (Attached 18.jpg and 36.jpg)

For my display (3440x1440), the slider for interface scale has a range of 33 (min) to 100 (max). I have had it set to 43 for a very long time. Earlier, I moved it to about 65 and did not see much change in the GSX menu font size so I thought it wasn't doing anything. I set it to min (33), middle (66), and max (100) and took screen shots. This setting does increase the font size in the menu. However, if I set it to something that makes the GSX menu font large enough, the MSFS text is entirely too large. I'd have to double the size of the ATC window to read it all.

The slider seems to increase the the size of the MSFS menu fonts faster (not sure if you'll understand what I mean by that) than it does the GSX fonts. If I had to guess, I'd say it is just a difference between how the two fonts react in relation to the slider.

Maybe it would be good idea to simply check the display resolution and increase the font size by a couple of points for higher resolution displays? 

I'm old... but I'm not blind yet.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:59:21 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

gnunciat

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 01:30:15 am »
Same here!!! But for me, the menu shows increased size letters.

I've tried changing some settings, including in the interface size... no results anyway.

Timmy351

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 01:43:47 am »
Same Problems with the Size ..

Resolution: 2560x1440

Testing a little bit with the Text and Interface Size but no changes in the GSX Menue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 08:40:16 am »
Testing a little bit with the Text and Interface Size but no changes in the GSX Menue.

That can only mean you don't have the current update, because in the current update, the fonts in the menu will scale with the Interface Size value.

Tetley

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 05:19:33 am »
The latest update sorta works, but it's still pretty small unless I change the interface size to something very large. I am using a 2560x1440 monitor and use MSFS in windowed mode. Would be nice to have an option in GSX to adjust the font size, independent of MSFS (if this is even possible).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 05:51:03 pm »
The text in the GSX Main Menu is too small, see attached file. I have GSX Pro v2.2.3. How to adjust the text size?

What's your interface size set to ?

Mr.Rick

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 01:43:55 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I am finding it hard to read also,  here is what it looks like with the settings shown as well

The capture where I have the setting on High  for scaling is really the size of font for GSX I would like in the capture for my normal settings of  Text Size 23 and Scaling 75%

Im on the March 3rd update.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 01:51:49 pm by Mr.Rick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 09:45:03 am »
If you set the Scale to 100%, it would be best to set the minimum size to a lower value, otherwise the other menus will look too big.