Author Topic: GSX External Power is not Available  (Read 2547 times)

Turok144

GSX External Power is not Available
« on: October 03, 2022, 11:55:31 pm »
Greetings Umberto,

When I requested the Ground Power for the PMDG 737-800, the Hobart GPU was delivered and a message appeared saying "GSX External Power is not available"  I'm just wondering why that message appeared?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX External Power is not Available
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 02:35:33 pm »
As explained in many other threads about the GSX GPU on the PMDG, you can't use the GSX GPU with it, since it cannot connect to its custom electrical system. Just use the PMDG GPU instead.

Turok144

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 04:52:52 pm »
As explained in many other threads about the GSX GPU on the PMDG, you can't use the GSX GPU with it, since it cannot connect to its custom electrical system. Just use the PMDG GPU instead.

Okay, will do thank you.

ehenkes

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 05:52:19 pm »
I found the same. If you order the GSX GPU, it is not connected. If you connect, you get two GPU (from GSX and PMDG). The only way: use GSX GPU and ask for ground cable. But then there is a cable gap between GSX GPU and ground cable. Thus, it makes no sense with GSX.

This is evil situation, and virtuali sends us to PMDG.  ::) 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 05:54:25 pm by ehenkes »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 06:00:56 pm »
The only way: use GSX GPU and ask for ground cable. But then there is a cable gap between GSX GPU and ground cable. Thus, it makes no sense with GSX.

Rather the opposite: as I've said in my previous reply, you just cannot use the GSX GPU with the PMDG, because the PMDG has a custom electrical system that CANNOT be controlled by GSX so, you must use the PMDG GPU and not the GSX one.

This is evil situation, and virtuali sends us to PMDG.

I don't know what you are trying to say with "send us to PMDG", I'm not saying there's a problem with the airplane having a custom electrical system we cannot interact with, it's just the way the airplane is made, and that's precisely why it comes with its own GPU that, obviously, is programmed to interact with it so, what is the problem just using that, and GSX for all the rest ?

There is a reason why you can choose which GSX service you call, and this is a perfect example of the better choice is to use the airplane provided service for that function we cannot control from GSX.

ehenkes

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 08:38:44 pm »
The PMDG has its own stairs vehicle, but here I use GSX stairs for boarding.
I think the GPU of GSX is more beautiful, and it is realistic that it is transported by a vehicle. Thus, it could be worth the negotiation with PMDG. For instance, GSX can open/close doors.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 11:11:53 pm »
The PMDG has its own stairs vehicle, but here I use GSX stairs for boarding.

That's obvious, and for many reasons:

- The GSX stairs looks better, but this is the least of the points.

- The GSX stairs integrates better with the rest of GSX services but, again, this is not the real issue.

- The real issue is, the GSX stairs DO NOT have to control a custom PMDG system which would be required to have their own feature working, like the GPU would have to, if we wanted to do something useful like...providing power to the airplane.

For instance, GSX can open/close doors.

Sure, but that's just because PMDG has published an SDK, which DOES allow other products to do that ( controlling doors ). There's nothing in the PMDG SDK to control their own custom electrical system so, we just can't do that, unless PMDG would eventually add that particular feature to their SDK, so we could possibly use it.

When I said the PMDG electrical system cannot be controlled, I haven't made something up, it's just the way it is, and it was wrong assuming that "just" because we can control doors, we can control anything on the airplane. When a custom system is involved, we can only control it if the airplane developer has exposed a way to do it.

ehenkes

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 12:18:28 am »
Message understood.  8)