Author Topic: 3rd party airport...Gates or no gates? that's the question!  (Read 1388 times)

ElTurkoCharro

3rd party airport...Gates or no gates? that's the question!
« on: March 03, 2023, 02:37:18 pm »
Hi folks, I'm new here, and yesterday, after buying GSX Pro for FS2020, I tried to get into my favorite airport (SABE) and see what it looks like with the new mod. I've spent the whole day without success. Here is the thing. Trying to follow up on some videos, I move to disable SABE airport using the install/config option of the GSX app. My surprise was that the Disable Bus options were grayed out. So, there is no way to get people walking at the gate during the On-Boarding process. So, I removed (Enabled) the airport from the config option (all the actions without having the FS2020 running) and tried it again. The Disable Bus option was available this time, but nothing happened after setting up the Pax Waypoints. Even though I can see the barriers of the path on the jetway (I need to remove them), nobody is walking during the On-Boarding process. As a side note, I can tell that the SABE airport I'm using is not the one that came with the FS2020. I bought it from the MS FS2020 marketplace.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3rd party airport...Gates or no gates? that's the question!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 11:08:31 pm »
From this and your other question, it seems you misunderstood what Enabling/Disabling an airport is used for.

It's not used to "Enable" GSX on a certain airport, because GSX is always enabled.

Instead, moving a jetway replacement file on the Disable column is made to PREVENT GSX from replacing jetways on a 3rd party airport, and it's not really something you can decide: GSX jetway replacement files are only meant to replace jetways at default airports, you can't (and you shouldn't) try to replace jetways on a 3rd party airport with GSX jetways because, even if they might visually appear, they will never work correctly, since they are assigned to a parking that is different, so nothing will work and, by keeping a jetway replacement file Enabled if you have an add-on airport, will introduce a scenery conflict, with double parking spots and other issues.

Normally, when you install or update GSX, all your 3rd party airports will be detected and automatically added to the Disabled list, and you should keep them there. Some airports (mostly freeware) that might not conform to the standard naming convention used in the Marketplace of developer-airport-ICAO-airportname will not be detected automatically, that's why you have the ability to Disable them manually, but you still must Disable them.

ElTurkoCharro

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 09:13:54 pm »
Thank you Umberto for the reply. I was playing around and after some time I got this working. I have to change the option

Now I got 2 issues

1) People walking too high from the 1st and only waypoint to the begging of the jetway. I guess the beginning of the jetway is something that is predefined by the airport? If so, any suggestion on how to change that? The current result is that people is floating in the air the their way to the entrance of the airplane.

you can see it here!

https://youtu.be/ISbgDie4KX8

2) As you can see in the air up to the beggining of the jetway, I have the 2.44 value that is the possition of the 1st waypoint? How can I hide that?

Thank a lot for your support!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 10:59:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 11:02:10 pm »
1) People walking too high from the 1st and only waypoint to the begging of the jetway. I guess the beginning of the jetway is something that is predefined by the airport? If so, any suggestion on how to change that? The current result is that people is floating in the air the their way to the entrance of the airplane.

Your issue is caused by the airport profile not knowing the jetway root floor height, which is not a parameter ever exposed anywhere in the scenery or is the SDK, so it MUST be manually set. The part of the manual which clearly explain both the issue and how to fix it, is at Page 71, the chapter named "Custom Jetway Floor heights"

2) As you can see in the air up to the beggining of the jetway, I have the 2.44 value that is the possition of the 1st waypoint? How can I hide that?

Restart GSX when you finished your edits.

ElTurkoCharro

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 11:07:21 pm »
 :D You won me!! I just read that page in the manual!!

Thanks a lot!

I'll try it!

I'm having such a great time playing around with all the stuff GSX Pro has to offer!