Author Topic: Buying GSX  (Read 2725 times)

Tomcat_22

Buying GSX
« on: September 28, 2022, 07:53:31 pm »
Just wondering, I saw GSX was being sold on the Sim Market for P3D however not for MSFS, I like it when I have all my addons in 1 place, 2 at the most, MSFS Marketplace and Sim Market, becomes a hassle when you have a bunch of addons across xx different apps and stores and all sorts.

So the question - When will MSFS GSX Pro come to Sim Market or the ingame marketplace? :)

Thanks

Leopardo Di Cardio

Re: Buying GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 09:34:45 pm »
Just wondering, I saw GSX was being sold on the Sim Market for P3D however not for MSFS, I like it when I have all my addons in 1 place, 2 at the most, MSFS Marketplace and Sim Market, becomes a hassle when you have a bunch of addons across xx different apps and stores and all sorts.

So the question - When will MSFS GSX Pro come to Sim Market or the ingame marketplace? :)

Thanks

I think that everyone has more of a problem with encrypted airports via the Marketplace, via Simmarket at least you can buy the scenery in full display and you can set the GSX.ini file, so I'd rather not do anything via the Marketplace, the encrypted data would still be with the GSX and then we have new problems all over again  .GSX via Simmarket wouldn't be bad, like add-ons like FS Control Replay etc. It doesn't matter so much with the application, but I made a mistake with the airport via Marketplace. I already have all the files needed for Asobo airport from the Premium Deluxe version that I had  unfortunately encrypted and therefore it was not possible to configure them exactly on GSX. At least.

AthenaG

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 10:52:48 am »

Thanks

The update process required for any MSFS Market Place takes months currently. And most who want the latest updates are left waiting, while those who purchased direct from the vendor have already got their updates.

So personally, I as many others don't favour MP, although I agree with you on the "all in one place".

Athena Grey

Tomcat_22

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 05:11:05 pm »
Both fair points, wasn't aware the encryption could lead to so many issues, I bought a few things from the MSFS Marketplace and didn't have any issues yet, knock on wood.
If simMarket would be better, hell I'm all for it, here's to hoping it'll come at some point :)

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:48:09 pm »

Thanks

The update process required for any MSFS Market Place takes months currently. And most who want the latest updates are left waiting, while those who purchased direct from the vendor have already got their updates.

So personally, I as many others don't favour MP, although I agree with you on the "all in one place".

Athena Grey

I completely agree, another disadvantage is the updates that you can download immediately from third parties. That's why I prefer Simmarket, Aerosoft One, etc. and I'll pay an extra $2, but I don't have anything encrypted like in the Marketplace, where you don't even see the base for the planes aircraft.cfg file for editing any parameters and settings.

AthenaG

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 06:49:29 am »

Thanks

Athena Grey

I completely agree, another disadvantage is the updates that you can download immediately from third parties. That's why I prefer Simmarket, Aerosoft One, etc. and I'll pay an extra $2, but I don't have anything encrypted like in the Marketplace, where you don't even see the base for the planes aircraft.cfg file for editing any parameters and settings.

I agree with you that was a problem before. But I believe aircraft.cfg files for premium aircracft are no longer encrypted as of SU10. It was a fulfillment of a long requested wish item.

Athena Grey

BiTRiP

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 11:26:38 am »

Waiting to see it on SimMarket as well.

Hopefully @virtuali can let us know if it will come to SM ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 12:52:06 pm »
As discussed in other threads, we'll release GSX Pro to other retailers after the SU10 Navdata update, which will make it compatible with all airports, and surely way more reliable.

BiTRiP

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 11:32:08 pm »
As discussed in other threads, we'll release GSX Pro to other retailers after the SU10 Navdata update, which will make it compatible with all airports, and surely way more reliable.

Ok thanks, didn't see the other threads. Thanks for clarifying.

Turok144

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 11:39:18 pm »
Kool!  Thanks for the heads up Umberto. 👍

Joachim

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 12:14:25 pm »

Good morning,

Is GSX Pro also available at other sim stores as well?
Has this happened? I do not see it available for purchase at other stores.
Thank you,
Joe

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:50:22 pm by Joachim »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 03:23:57 pm »
GSX Pro is only available directly at this time.