Author Topic: Change Pushback Truck Fenix A320  (Read 2521 times)

Acxiss

Change Pushback Truck Fenix A320
« on: August 19, 2022, 09:31:39 pm »
Hello, first of all thank you very much for your great work. If I use the Fenix, I get the huge pushback truck on every flight, which is also suitable for large airplanes. Can I change it somewhere in the small bar Pushback Truck?

Greetings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change Pushback Truck Fenix A320
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 09:32:29 pm »
The pushback trucks the A320 can use are different 3 types, you are only being unlucky to get the largest one too many times in a row.

cagz

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 11:33:31 am »
Sorry for the late post, how can we edit what pushback tugs are available for A320? I am new to GSX, sorry if it is a lame question. Perhaps an ini/config file where the plane_type -> pushback_tug mappings are kept?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 05:27:52 pm »
The pushback truck is chosen randomly, but only amongst a set of vehicles that are all appropriate for the airplane weight.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 10:12:08 pm »
Is there a way, or can there be a way added, to limit which trucks are available for an aircraft? Very rare to have the big lifters here in the US, almost everywhere it's always a towbar with a tug.

Copper

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 09:49:19 am »
to limit which trucks are available for an aircraft?
I second this request, but would rather have this option as part of the profile since the availability of specific classes of tugs is location specific, not aircraft specific.
Being able to define the available types of tugs for each parking would be great.
It could still be overridden if a specific aircraft does not support small tugs (like an A380) but in the cases where more than one model would be suitable, limiting it using a profile at the gate would be nice.

Having the huge trucks at very small regional airports is kind of awkward (same applies to passenger buses btw.).

rogermoore

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 12:01:07 pm »
Is anyone getting a random pushback truck?  I’ve only ever seen one type.

HeicoH

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 12:08:24 pm »
Is anyone getting a random pushback truck?

Yes of course. You can not choose which tug you want, GSX decides that. Same with the fuel truck. GSX decides which fuel company you get, even if a specific fuel company is not present at the specific airport.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode