Author Topic: couatl causing stutters on approach  (Read 807 times)

aljina

couatl causing stutters on approach
« on: January 17, 2023, 03:21:43 pm »
I had couatl on during approach, causing crazy shutters around 1000 feet. In addition I flew another approach with couati off and no shutters, performance was amazing FPS was consistent.

Stearmandriver

Re: couatl causing stutters on approach
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 10:57:49 pm »
Was this happening at all airports or only certain ones?  I've got a similar problem with the Northern Sky Studios PAJN, but I haven't seen it happen anywhere else yet.  Absolutely caused by GSX / Couatl though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl causing stutters on approach
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 10:08:13 am »
As explained in other threads, since the current Navdata API doesn't provide us with any information about the scenery jetways position, we need to use a very cumbersome way to search for jetways, which is made even more cumbersome because they don't have a separate category, so we need to ask a list of ALL Simobjects and ( if that wasn't enough ), because of a bug in Simconnect, we need to use an unnecessarily large search radius of 20 km around the airport, otherwise not all objects will be found.

This search, depending on the scenery, how many objects it has ( in a 20km range ), and especially if Simconnect is in use by other add-ons at the same time, might cause some stuttering.

This should hopefully be fixed with the SU12 SDK, which will include a much better way to obtain data about jetways, not requiring that search, and will make it GSX working with jetways way better for so many other reasons other than performances.