Author Topic: engines on cold&dark and aircraft in the opposite direction  (Read 1043 times)

Tichoun63

engines on cold&dark and aircraft in the opposite direction
« on: January 14, 2023, 11:56:31 am »
I've been using GSX Pro for a while and for a few weeks, if Couatl is launched at the same time as MSFS2020, when I load my flight, my plane ends up in the opposite direction on the parking lot/gate and despite a cold&dark, the engines are on their way or want to start alone... And impossible to stop them and use GSX Pro...

The problem occurs regardless of the aircraft used (Fenix, WBSim C172, MSFS2020 base aircraft...)
If I start Couatl after loading my flight, no worries...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: engines on cold&dark and aircraft in the opposite direction
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 09:56:55 am »
Please provide reproduction steps, because I tried the following:

- Start the sim, select the PMDG 738 from the main menu. Couatl started automatically with the sim, as it normally should.

- Selected an airport and a gate

- The airplane started on APU, I selected the Cold&Dark state from the PMDG menu

- Opened the GSX, no issues, it opens normally, no plane movements, no message saying anything about the engines.

Tichoun63

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 09:32:59 am »
you did not understand but thank you for your interest.
Let's say I launch a flight from a gate on LFPG. Instead of facing the terminal, the plane will face the taxiway and engines on for the simulator and GSX....
If I close Couatl and restart my flight, the plane faces the terminal, in cold & dark...

And the problem is the same with a C172 on a general aviation parking lot...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:19:14 am »
Let's say I launch a flight from a gate on LFPG.

You mean you are on the Main Menu, select the Departure airport, and when the map zooms in, you click on a Gate, then "Set as Departure", then start the flight ?

Instead of facing the terminal, the plane will face the taxiway and engines on for the simulator and GSX....If I close Couatl and restart my flight, the plane faces the terminal, in cold & dark...

Nothing in GSX changes or interfere with how the simulator places the airplane from the Main Menu. GSX is just not doing anything at that stage.

I would understand if you had some difference between positioning from the Main Manu and positioning on the same place from GSX, this IS possible and it's usually due to conflicting parking data or conflicting airports, but if you are started with engines running from the Main Menu, the only possible reason for it, is you haven't selected a parking spot, but a runway instead.

Tichoun63

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 09:35:32 am »
You mean you are on the Main Menu, select the Departure airport, and when the map zooms in, you click on a Gate, then "Set as Departure", then start the flight ?

Yes absolutely

Look at this sceenshot, in LDDU. I'm the only plane in wrong way

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 05:34:47 pm »
Yes absolutely

Look at this sceenshot, in LDDU. I'm the only plane in wrong way

So it's confirmed the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. When you use the Main menu to position the airplane, nothing in GSX controls, changes or affect its position.

Tichoun63

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 01:04:54 pm »
so please explain to me:
- I launch the simulator, Couatl launches. I launch a flight, I find myself in the opposite direction and regularly in cold&dark engines en route

Trial :
- I launch the simulator, I close Couatl before selecting my plane and my departure airport, I launch my flight: I am in the right direction, in cold&dark.
I go back to the main screen, I launch Couatl, select the same plane, the same airport, I launch my flight.... the plane is in the opposite direction!!!  :o

Apart from Couatl, no configuration has changed.  ::)

I am not crazy  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 08:54:46 am »
- I launch the simulator, I close Couatl before selecting my plane and my departure airport, I launch my flight: I am in the right direction, in cold&dark.
- I go back to the main screen, I launch Couatl, select the same plane, the same airport, I launch my flight.... the plane is in the opposite direction!

- Tried doing just that with a random airport, and of course, I'm always parked in the correct position, no matter if I start couatl with the sim, or after the main menu loaded.

- Tried doing it at default KMSY Gate 21, as suggested on the linked post on the MSFS forum and, as expected, I'm ALWAYS parked in the wrong position, no matter when I start Couatl, which is normal, since  THAT scenery has a bug in that particular parking spot and, when you use the Main menu to position the airplane, nothing in GSX controls, changes or affect its position, if the scenery has a wrong parking set, you will always be rotated wrong, regardless of GSX.

Tichoun63

Re: engines on cold&dark and aircraft in the opposite direction [Closed]
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 02:16:55 pm »
sorry I disagree. It also does it to me on a scene that I know well LFLC door P3 and on any parking/gate of any scene (payware or MSFS) ! Even on general aviation post with the basic c172 !

I understood that you didn't want it to come from GsxPro. Now I start Couatl, after my flight... it's the only way I don't have the problem...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: engines on cold&dark and aircraft in the opposite direction [Closed]
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 02:50:46 pm »
It also does it to me on a scene that I know well LFLC door P3 and on any parking/gate of any scene (payware or MSFS) ! Even on general aviation post with the basic c172 !

I just tried now the default LFLC as well, using Ramp 3, result is of course the same as before:

- If I start with Couatl started by the sim, I'm parked correctly.

- If I start Couatl on the main menu, I'm parked correctly.

- If I go back to the main menu, without restarting Couatl, I'm parked correctly

- If I close Couatl, go back to the main menu, start Couatl again, select the same airport and gate, I'm STILL parked correctly.

This for the obvious reason that, since NOTHING in GSX can possibly affect how the simulator PARK ITSELF, the only thing that affects the airplane initial parking position when using the Main Menu it's the scenery itself so:

- If the parking in the scenery is wrong ( like Gate 21 at default KMSY ), you'll be ALWAYS parked wrong, no matter what you do with Couatl

- If the parking in the scenery is right, you'll be ALWAYS parked correctly, no matter what you do with Couatl