Author Topic: Operator List Question & Potential Operators  (Read 1054 times)

maccasean

Operator List Question & Potential Operators
« on: January 13, 2023, 05:20:33 am »
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a list or documentation somewhere of the currently implemented ground and catering operator companies? From what I observed so far, the two letter codes are typically airlines but have not tried them all - as it takes a while to reload each one.

I was interested in a couple specific non-airline ground operators that I am not sure are already included or not. I replied to an older existing thread about a question regarding creating custom operators - but I'm not sure if it was noticed since it was older. I know it was mentioned that it might be easier for FSDreamTeam to include an operator versus having a user customize on their own due to the complexities.

These were the two operators I mentioned:

1. Signature Flight Support - they operate across a large number of major airports in North America (with a presence at most major airports in the USA), South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. https://signatureflight.com/locations

2. Atlantic Aviation - operate across many airports across the USA. https://www.atlanticaviation.com/locations/

Thanks,

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Operator List Question & Potential Operators
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:29:00 pm »
Last pages the GSX manual, starting at Page 78, they explain how operators are defined and assigned.

maccasean

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 03:12:56 am »
Thank you, I was able to go through the existing operators by opening up the configuration files at the path mentioned in the GSX manual (\Addon Manager\texture).

I did not notice the two operators I mentioned in my previous post in the ground handling configuration file. Would you consider adding these in a future update?

goose66

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2023, 04:19:56 am »
Atlantic and Signature are not airline gate operators (pushback, fuel, catering etc for AIRLINES).  They are FBOs for general aviation clients. You will not get Signature pushing back an A320 at KDAL
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

maccasean

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2023, 08:47:07 am »
The intention of my inquiry/request is regarding aircraft serviced at these FBO parking locations in the sim, as several major scenery designers have these FBOs modeled with usable parking spots in the sim. At one of these instances, the developer textured the airstairs and GPUs with the Signature logo.

Some of the use cases I was thinking of included aircraft such as the 737 BBJ or other large private/corporate aircraft (potentially a MD-80 or possibly an Airbus Corporate Jet). Another example would be commercial airlines operating VIP charter flights that are not being parked at a jetway but at one of these FBOs I mentioned.

If it is not typical for these FBOs to have logos on their equipment, is there a plain version of the equipment available with no logo - just painted white?