Author Topic: How can you customise doors using stairs?  (Read 2371 times)

qf1991

How can you customise doors using stairs?
« on: January 09, 2023, 11:39:57 am »
Is there anyway to customise the doors that the stairs are pushed too.
For example currently on a339 stairs move to L1 and L2 doors. Can I customise so that move to L2 and L4 doors?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How can you customise doors using stairs?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 12:54:02 pm »
For example currently on a339 stairs move to L1 and L2 doors.

If you are referring to the Headwind A330-900, they don't, if you use the configuration that comes with GSX, which only configured one exit, located at L2 position, so you'll only see one stair.

If you use a custom airplane profile you made or downloaded, it will take precedence over the internal GSX configuration, showing whatever vehicle combination was chosen by whoever made the airplane profile.

Can I customise so that move to L2 and L4 doors?

Sure you can, that's why GSX has an airplane configuration editor, so you can configure any airplane in any way required.

Note that, the Headwind A330 L4 door is not functional, same as R4, that's why the configuration that comes with GSX doesn't use those: passengers and catering crew would pass through the fuselage, with no way to open the door so yes, you can do it, but it might not be a good idea on this particular plane.

qf1991

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:29:36 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

And how exactly can I do the customisation to select specific doors for stairs and catering?
When I go into the airplane customisation section, I can edit the measurements for where the doors are located. But how do I pick which doors are used for what. Not just for 339 but also 777 and 748.
I checked the manual but can’t seem to find specifics on this.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:52:41 pm by qf1991 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 11:25:25 am »
But how do I pick which doors are used for what. Not just for 339 but also 777 and 748. I checked the manual but can’t seem to find specifics on this.

The manual covers this quite extensively. I'm not sure I understood what you are asking but, you don't have to decide which door are used for what, the doors supported by GSX are already preset and shown with a different color depending on their kind.

You are free to move them as you wish, but you cannot change the door type, like using a unused passenger door to add an extra cargo door, since GSX supports up to 3 pax doors, up to 2 lower deck cargo doors, 1 main cargo door and up to 2 catering doors.

And, the diagram is just an example: but nothing prevents you to have, for example, a single passenger door ( Pax 1 ) on the back, what matters is the type and the location.

qf1991

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 07:27:52 pm »
Are you able to point to the specific page in the manual, as I cannot find the info.

I am looking for example to change on the a339 that L2 and L4 are the doors used for stairs to be allocated to for boarding (I understand that L4 door doesn't open and that's fine).

Or for example on the 748 that catering is loaded on R2 and R4 doors instead of R1 and R4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 01:56:12 pm »
Are you able to point to the specific page in the manual, as I cannot find the info.

I suggest reading the whole chapter about airplane customization, because it's all required.

I am looking for example to change on the a339 that L2 and L4 are the doors used for stairs to be allocated to for boarding (I understand that L4 door doesn't open and that's fine).

First, you don't have anything to do about L2 because, as I've said, the internal configuration that comes with GSX already has passenger boarding from L2 but, if you made or downloaded a custom profile, it would take precedence over the internal GSX configuration, so maybe that's why you think you need to change that, even if it's not required. So, first of all, RESET the airplane configuration to default, and see that passengers will board from L2.

VERY IMPORTANT

I'm calling it "L2" to make it easier to understand what we are referring to but, the GSX default configuration for the Headwind A330 has only set "Pax 1" ( what GSX calls the first door ) to be IN THE POSITION of L2, without defining L2, L3 or L4.

This to make it even more clear that, the diagram there is just an example and a way to select a door, but nowhere is said that L1 "must" be the first door or even that should be in front of L2. As I've said in my previous reply, the only thing that matters is the position, the variable the door is associated with, and the door type.

So, with the default config for this airplane, since the real "L1" on that plane doesn't even open, so there wasn't any need to define the a Pax 1 and Pax 2 separately ( and MSFS doesn't support double jetways anyway ), we simply had Pax 1 to be placed at the L2 position, so passengers doesn't have any other choice than use that one.

So, in your case, if you don't mind having passengers going through a closed door, you should just add L4, which can be done by assigning any of the remaining GSX doors to the L4 position. It can be Pax 2, 3 or 4, although it might just be less confusing using Pax 4. In this case, since the door doesn't open, you'll have to set the check as "Door without open/close checks".

Or for example on the 748 that catering is loaded on R2 and R4 doors instead of R1 and R4.

Continuing on the previous explanation the name doesn't matter and only the position, check and type does, the easiest way to do that, would be selecting R1 ( or, more precisely, what is called "Service 1" by GSX ), click "Customized in 3D editor" and just MOVE IT to the R2 position. If the door doesn't open, you'll have to set it to be without checks as well.

qf1991

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 12:51:39 am »
I have read the pages you suggested and followed your instructions however rears stairs on L4 still not showing.

See screenshots of my settings for all 4 left side doors.

I did as instructed and have settings active on door 1 (setup up for L2) and door 4 (for L4).

Your advice for the catering trucks worked

pellelil

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 03:24:04 pm »
As far as I understand what Umberto says: Even though this is the 4th door on the aircraft (L4), you need to use the 2nd GSX door. So that the the 1st GSX door is connected to L2, and the 2nd GSX door is connected to L4 (and then not define GSX doors 3 and 4).

Pelle

qf1991

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 03:26:23 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I just tried this as well but it didn't work for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:19 pm »
As far as I understand what Umberto says: Even though this is the 4th door on the aircraft (L4), you need to use the 2nd GSX door.

That's not what I've said. In fact, I said quite the opposite:

you should just add L4, which can be done by assigning any of the remaining GSX doors to the L4 position. It can be Pax 2, 3 or 4, although it might just be less confusing using Pax 4

But again, it doesn't really matter but, Pax 1 is a bit of special case, that is must always be present, but the others are completely free and interchangeable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:47 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I just tried this as well but it didn't work for me.

Have you possibly disabled the rear stair in the parking spot or in the general GSX settings ?

qf1991

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 01:55:44 pm »
checked that and both in the GSX settings and parking spot settings it has not been deactived.

All my other aircraft I have been able to configure with rear stairs, 748, 773, 772, 78X

Just not this one. Any other advice?