Author Topic: How to reproduce the floating/sunken jetways issue [P3DV4]  (Read 1364 times)

Ioan92

How to reproduce the floating/sunken jetways issue [P3DV4]
« on: January 02, 2023, 11:25:40 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm positive I've figured the way to reproduce this bug so that the staff can try fixing it;
I've flown yesterday and today between two FSDT airports; KORD & PHNL. Both flights around 8 hours long with complex addons [PMDG 777 & 747]
Upon arrival at PHNL the jetways were sunken. I took a look in the configuration, it said elevation 4. I pressed the plane button to the right, still said 4. I pressed apply and the jetways were back to normal.

On the way back to KORD the jetways were floating rather high in the sky. This time instead of going into the configurator I simply restarted couatl and the problem was fixed again.

So in short, I think the proceedure is to fly a long haul from/to an airport that has custom GSX jetways. I have not encountered this with sode jetways yet, but I did fly CYUL-MMUN-CYYZ a few days ago and the jetways were fine, although these flights didn't exceed the 5 hour block.

I must mention that I do not use any custom configs for either of these airports and the last GSX version I had was very old, so I didn't have any updates from august up until now.
Also not sure if this could be related, but after resetting the alt and saving it in a config for PHNL, my plane didn't display the new sinking pushback bug. [plane will sink a tiny bit right as pushback starts and pops back up as it ends]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 02:05:54 am by Ioan92 »

Ioan92

Re: How to reproduce the floating/sunken jetways issue
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 10:28:52 pm »
I just flew KORD-LFPG and can confirm this problem does not affect non-gsx sode jetways. It only affects the gsx replacement jetways.

Ioan92

Re: How to reproduce the floating/sunken jetways issue
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 10:57:26 pm »
LFPG-KORD, This time no jetways AT ALL on arrival, probably indicating that they sunk much further.

This was a sode jetways to gsx jetways try.

Ioan92

Re: How to reproduce the floating/sunken jetways issue [P3DV4]
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 02:07:50 am »
Just flew EDDF-RJTT; Using Technobrains' RJTT with a custom GSX replacement jetway profile. The jetways were sunken upon arrival so this confirms that gsx jetways are completely broken upon arrival at any airport that uses them.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 01:36:39 am »
Today, I flew LFPG to EGLL and found sunken jetways. It is clear GSX needs to be split; GSX for FSX and P3D. And GSX Pro only for MSFS.
So, going back to XP12 to enjoy my flights. Eventually back to FSX and P3D to find the fix.
Patricio Valdes

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 07:33:31 am »
It's more likely Airport Elevation issue. You have two solutions:

1 - Fix the airport elevation by going to the airport customization and fixing the airport elevation

2 - If it didn't that work, restart GSX without regenerating cache files
TheCaptain3618

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 08:40:29 pm »
It seems that almost all airports are afraid to land because of the presence of GSX Ground Services. And the most curious thing is that it happens with the FSX and the P3Dv5 too. It seems to me that we have to go back to how we were before the GSX Pro appeared for MSFS2020. There is no visible elevation at EGLL airport and the jetway is buried. If I do a cache regeneration with the GSX the jetway is restored, what a beauty!.
The most stressful thing is I update the GSX Pro supposedly only for the MSFS2020, I load the P3Dv4 and parked in the Gate 548 the GSX starts with regeneration of the airport cache. That is, the GSX Pro updates or rather affects the GSX of the P3Dv4.
Definitely GSX needs separate Installers; GSX and GSX Pro not sharing the same folder name.
Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:43:49 pm by trisho0 »

Ioan92

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 04:19:09 am »
It seems that almost all airports are afraid to land because of the presence of GSX Ground Services. And the most curious thing is that it happens with the FSX and the P3Dv5 too. It seems to me that we have to go back to how we were before the GSX Pro appeared for MSFS2020. There is no visible elevation at EGLL airport and the jetway is buried. If I do a cache regeneration with the GSX the jetway is restored, what a beauty!.
The most stressful thing is I update the GSX Pro supposedly only for the MSFS2020, I load the P3Dv4 and parked in the Gate 548 the GSX starts with regeneration of the airport cache. That is, the GSX Pro updates or rather affects the GSX of the P3Dv4.
Definitely GSX needs separate Installers; GSX and GSX Pro not sharing the same folder name.
Patricio Valdes

Not a fix but EGLL should have it's own sode jetways, I'd suggest using that in the meanwhile. This issue only cripples fsdt and airports that use the gsx jettys.