Author Topic: Baggage amount based on SimBrief FPL  (Read 1441 times)

Brokenbroccoli

Baggage amount based on SimBrief FPL
« on: January 12, 2023, 05:41:34 pm »
Since the amount of animated PAX is already based on the Simbrief FPL, it would be nice to see the same with the amount of animated baggage too. I'd love to see piled up suitcases on the cart if there is much planned cargo, or just like 1-2 carts if there is less. Thanks for considering this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage amount based on SimBrief FPL
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:49:51 pm »
GSX always had a variable number of carts, based on the payload when it originally came out, and this confused users a lot, and caused having to reply to the same question, over and over, "why I only see 1 cart", because they called GSX before setting the airplane payload, so we reverted to a simpler "always 3 cart" method, which put all support load about this issue to zero.

We might consider adding it again, only when Simbrief is used, so it won't be affected by the airplane payload changing when we don't expect.

blau99

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 01:41:22 am »
Please add this back it was one of the features I miss in the current MSFS version. I think I´m probably not the only one who misses this nice feature. It´s way more realistic to see just one cart on let´s say a short domestic hop with mostly handluggage or a tourist flight during summer with like 4-5 carts ready to be loaded into the cargo hold
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:55:51 am by blau99 »

layercom

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 07:16:41 am »
Agreed, if easy to add please do.

rdkeeney

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 02:41:39 am »
We might consider adding it again, only when Simbrief is used, so it won't be affected by the airplane payload changing when we don't expect.

I would second that this would be an amazing feature, integrated with simbrief. Not sure of the programing burden associated with it, but I think I would be nice to have heavy loads that required an additional 4th cart. Another application I think would be great, is for cargo flights, only loading the 3 ULD/pallets seemed short to me. So a number of pallets/ULD based on simbrief cargo load would be an amazing add.

SierraDelta

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 08:39:29 am »
I’m aware that this thread is bit old, but I just wanted to add my vote for this to be considered.

I exclusively fly the Fenix A320 and always getting 6 ULDs regardless of whether I’ve got 180 pax or 98 is just a tiny, tiny bit annoying, so please …  :D

rsaberi

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 07:31:03 pm »
This would be a great addition/improvement! I vote for this too :)