Author Topic: P3D4, airport cache regenerating every few minutes  (Read 1249 times)

lmhariano

P3D4, airport cache regenerating every few minutes
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:26:47 am »
Hello Umberto and everyone. I'm normally flying P3Dv5, but I was tired of the default buildings and reinstalled V4. After setting it up completely, I find two things happen with GSX:
1) Airport cache is regenerating every few minutes (sometimes once or twice a minute), and I get the green bar notification indicating so.
2) While doing so, I find P3D loses focusand gets silent, as if the green bar was another program (I have P3D set to mute when lost focus).

Sometimes this happens during boarding. When it happens, I lose all the ground services I had set up, and I have to request boarding again. If I use the FSL A320, I end up losing also ground power (as expected). I updated GSX just in case (I was at least 2-3 updates behind), but it didn't fix anything.

How could I fix this issue?

And also, in case you need a log, which files should I delete before firing P3D up and let GSX generate a log? For the record, I have P3D v4, v5 and MSFS, and I have GSX for all three sims.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:29:34 am by lmhariano »

pepo_paramo

Re: P3D4, airport cache regenerating every few minutes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 11:52:22 am »
Same for me please its desesperating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 02:45:10 pm »
Cache regeneration will only be redone if the previous cache regeneration failed AND the Couatl .exe restarted for some reason. A startup log during the cache regeneration would be useful to know why this happens.

lmhariano

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 09:06:32 pm »
This is a log I got after having lost GSX services while boarding a FSL A319. I don't know if this log could get the issues before restarting or not.

lmhariano

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 11:06:25 pm »
And a longer one that appeared during the flight.

lmhariano

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 02:02:22 pm »
Hi Umberto, did these logs work, or do you need a different one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 02:07:29 pm »
None of these logs indicate a cache regeneration ever happened.

lmhariano

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 10:48:40 pm »
Unnderstood. I managed to reproduce the issue. It happens with Ray Smith's EGLL AFCAD (https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=183781). Since it's an FSX one, I had to reset drawing flags in ADE (so that taxiways would appear in P3D4). And since he embeds all scenery objects in the AFCAD, I had to compile the AFCAD and save it in a scenery folder with a higher priority (if not; I'd lose them all). I'm attaching the log, but I fear it gets overwritten during each rebuild (as if Couatl restarted), and thus, it may show nothing  :(

The other issue (Couatl restarting while boarding) seems to be unrelated, so I'll open a new thread for this, logging from somewhere but Heathrow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 10:55:32 pm by lmhariano »