Author Topic: How to create a good custom texture handling ?  (Read 968 times)

kukoluk

How to create a good custom texture handling ?
« on: December 26, 2022, 12:29:18 pm »
Hello guys i need to help... I created a custom handling, also added into "sim.cfg" with all texture and configs in "\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\SimObjects\GroundVehicles" i picked texture and models directory from WZZ so i dont understand how can i create properly... As u can see on screenshots that custom set doesnt work well... So i hope u will help me. I created BTS/LZIB (Bratislava)
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/RFAxTHC (Random texture and rear staircase are not seen)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to create a good custom texture handling ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 08:55:37 am »
It's not very easy to create a custom handler, since you would need to add it to ALL SIM.CFG of ALL vehicles, and you'll have to edit all texture.cfg fallback paths to be sure every vehicle can find the new texture, which of course must be made correctly according to the SDK specifications AND it the package layout must be updated to include all the files that has been added or modified.

And, of course, you need edit the rules files to assign it to some airports as well. I suggest reading the last pages of the manual, the "Operator assignment rules", which explains how the scoring system works.

It's really complex, and all your work will be wiped out anyway at the first update so, it would be much better if you just said which operator you are missing, with some pointers where they operate, and we might add it quite easily ( because we wrote a software that automates that and integrates with the whole build and the update system ), for everybody's enjoyment.

kukoluk

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 09:02:58 pm »
Actually it´s not operator it´s airport Bratislava i tryied to do it myself and actually i did something what works... texture work but only just for rear stairs but other handling stuff is always some other handling company, i dont know why... If u will update so u should add LZIB (Bratislava Airport), LZPP (Piestany Airport), LZKZ (Kosice Airport) and LZTT (Poprad-Tatry Airport). That will be awesome have this handling airport. Because BTS have a special type of stairs yellow with red stripes a logo and it same on baggage loaders. I hope u will start work on it. Also in past i did texture for GSX fsx version textures for LZIB (as u can see on photo) but in MSFS2020 it´s totally different but doesnt matter. I would be glad if u will do that textures for that airports. It will be very nice :)

maccasean

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 11:06:43 pm »
It's really complex, and all your work will be wiped out anyway at the first update so, it would be much better if you just said which operator you are missing, with some pointers where they operate, and we might add it quite easily ( because we wrote a software that automates that and integrates with the whole build and the update system ), for everybody's enjoyment.

I was searching for custom operators in GSX and found this post. I was wondering about adding a couple potential FBO operators?

1. Signature Flight Support - they operate across a large number of major airports in North America (with a presence at most major airports in the USA), South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. https://signatureflight.com/locations

2. Atlantic Aviation - operate across many airports across the USA. https://www.atlanticaviation.com/locations/

Thanks,

Sean