Author Topic: FSX Steam - Couatl.exe crashes after updating navaids from sors.fr website  (Read 1252 times)

Aldox62

Hi,

I'm using GSX + L2 Expansion. I had to update the navaids runways etc to avoid navigation issues (eg wrong ILS frequencies). To do so, I used the renowned data set from sors.fr and the navaids were updated as expected.

But... when loading a flight I see the couatl tray until the flight is loaded, then couatl tray disappears and in the FSX Add-ons menu I do not see any more the usual addon manager & GSX entries.

Any ideas on how to solve?

I already excluded d:\addon manager folder from antivirus scan, rebuilt the scenery database, updated GSX.

If I revert the navaids to the original ones by using the same utility used to install them couatl works and GSX works as expected, so I concluded there is an interaction with the navaid update process..

Quite bad.. I cannot stay of course without GSX (great!) but cannot also try to land in a new airport never visted before to discover that FSX has the wrong ILS frequency..

Thanks for any support you may offer to solve this issue!

Aldo

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Aldo, from what I have read, it's the navaid update you did that caused this.
Captain Kevin

Aldox62

Hi Captain Kevin,

yes, this is what I think as well, the issue is I need to update navaids and continue using GSX :-)

I tried again yesterday, if I update I lose GSX usage, if I restore standard bgls then GSX works. It is confirmed on my side.

Never discovered before because I tend to fly across a small number of destinations that luckily have the ILS frequencies OK

Is there a way to have couatl.exe dump some sort of log file to be further analyzed?

Thanks
Aldo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is there a way to have couatl.exe dump some sort of log file to be further analyzed?

Of course, the Logging option in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings. It might not show exactly the problem but, it might hopefully show which .BGL was loaded before the crash, so we can have a look at it.

Aldox62

Dear Umberto,

Many thanks for the prompt answer. My course of action would then be the following:

- reset to "stock" bgl files with outdated navaids
- activate the couatl logging option, start fsx and check GSX is working
- update navaids, rebuild scenery via fsx menu
- try loading a saved flight, then couatl should stop working but leaving a log
- get and send the log

Kind regards,
Aldo

tecno

I followed the suggestion of the Topic: GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started / airac Herve Sors cause pb[SOLVED] (Read 266 times).
Or : having already installed GSX, I went to this link: https://www.aero.sors.fr, Navdata, downloaded FSX/P3D update. Unpacked the ZIP file, launched the install and uninstalled all the files of all the proposed regions. So I reinstalled everything except the Americas files. Launched FSX, the airport caches are loaded and the add-on modules drop-down menu appears Addon Manager, Couatl, GSX and after testing everything is operational.

Aldox62

Great suggestion Tecno,

thanks will try tonight! I feel you made my day...

I never updated radionavs runways etc so I'm quite cautious ... did you use 2212 and previous versions to update radionavs AND keeping GSX at work? I mean could this be an issue with Americas just in 2213?

Thanks again,

Aldo

tecno

Hi Aldo, I downloaded Navdata 2013, then unpacked the program, selected all the regions and uninstalled everything. Once done I selected all regions except South and North Americas and installed everything. Being Italian and not simulating flights to the Americas, that's fine with me. Once this was done, I launched FSX and GSX and everything was ok. Tested in various Italian and European airports, it works.
Greetings
Lorenzo

Aldox62

Thanks a lot again Lorenzo!

Aldo

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
Glad this problem has been fixed, this topic could be locked anytime soon.
TheCaptain3618

Aldox62

Re: FSX Steam - Couatl.exe crashes after updating navaids from sors.fr website
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 02:32:16 pm »
Sure thanks, please lock at your discretion

Aldo