Author Topic: How to Disable GPU from auto-enable when called?  (Read 775 times)

Rameyuk

How to Disable GPU from auto-enable when called?
« on: January 04, 2023, 01:47:54 am »
Hi, I'm flying on the FBW A32NX, and for some reason if I call the GPU service to be connected, as soon as it's connected to the aircraft the External Power gets automatically switched on in the cockpit. This breaks the flow of what I want to do since I'm also using FS2Crew app as well.

Basically I'm expecting to be doing these things:

1. From external camera, I press the GSX to connect Jetway, and to call GPU. The animation would start, jetways will be connected and the GPU is called, and connected.
2. I switched to internal cockpit camera, I'm expecting the entire cockpit to still be cold and dark and the External Power would show "AVAIL".
3. Then I use FS2Crew to call for starting up the aircraft, at this point my FO would turn on the batteries, then the external power switching it to ON position, and the aircraft electricals would then come to life, and continue with the rest of the flow.

Now I know this is a limitation in MSFS that as soon as the aircraft is parked at the stand, the External Power would show "AVAIL" anyway whether the GPU is physically connected or not, so this isn't GSX problem from my perspective. So I'm wondering if the GPU call function in GSX can be just calling for the animation and have them physically connected to the aircraft, but without sending any signal to the sim engine to turn on the GPU.

Is this something that can be done on the aircraft profile?

Thank you in advance.