Author Topic: Nosewheel steering in the Leo MD80/PMDG 737 breaks after pushback  (Read 1244 times)

airbadger

On random occasions after pushback in either the PMDG 737 or Leo MD80, nosewheel steering is locked out. I can see the tiller moving, but the aircraft keeps going forward. The only solution is to save the flight and restart it. That gets the nosewheel working again. I'm using the in-sim mapping to my joystick twist for the tiller. Because it happens across two aircraft and GSX is the only variable, I assume this has something to do with GSX.

goose66

Re: Nosewheel steering in the Leo MD80/PMDG 737 breaks after pushback
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 04:55:07 pm »
Because it happens across two aircraft and GSX is the only variable, I assume this has something to do with GSX.

Like any assumption, not a good one.  I don't see this on any aircraft.  If it were happening a lot, this forum would be flooded as would the Maddog and whatever other aircraft forum.  Eliminate local issues first.  If it were me I would begin by verifying controller assignments particularly looking for double assignments.  If you are using the in sim controller assignment system this is a distinct possibility.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 12:38:26 am »
Because it happens across two aircraft and GSX is the only variable, I assume this has something to do with GSX.

Like any assumption, not a good one.  I don't see this on any aircraft.  If it were happening a lot, this forum would be flooded as would the Maddog and whatever other aircraft forum.  Eliminate local issues first.  If it were me I would begin by verifying controller assignments particularly looking for double assignments.  If you are using the in sim controller assignment system this is a distinct possibility.

And if it were a controller assignment issue, it would happen 100% of the time after pushback, whereas my post states that it happens randomly.

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 01:53:30 am »
I found an easier workaround than reloading: it seems like going into and out of slew mode can fix it. Knowing this, can FSDT please find a more permanent solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 10:02:33 pm »
And if it were a controller assignment issue, it would happen 100% of the time after pushback, whereas my post states that it happens randomly.

Surely not.

Controller issues ( not necessarily "assignments" ) sometimes look "random" because controllers, by their very nature, can be affected by ambient factors like temperature, humidity and dust, at least those using standard pots.

GSX for MSFS never use Slew mode in any situation (like it did with P3D in the editors), this is quite easy to verify, because Slew mode in MSFS always changes the camera view to the Slew camera which is the reason why we are not using it anymore so, fact it's fixed by toggling Slew mode briefly, seems to indicate is not related to GSX.