Author Topic: Possible AS/Simwings ADEV5 afcad solution for elevated jetways  (Read 756 times)

srcooke

Possible AS/Simwings ADEV5 afcad solution for elevated jetways
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:07:25 pm »
This issue has plagued me since P3Dv5 scenery's from AS/Simwings started to be released whereby replacing the default CTRL-J jetways led to several of them floating in the sky.

So far I have only checked this for LIMC.

The jetways had been configured using the GSX control panel to compile an exclude file for the scenery jetways. So far all is good, jetways removed then the GSX replacements added. Upon reloading the scenery however a number of the jetways are then in the sky.

It never occured to me that the problem may lie with the exclusion. However I decided to remove the jetways from the afcad totally, removed the GSX exclusions and now the GSX jetways load as configured at ground level.

Just to prove the point I replaced the afcad with the original once more, created an exclusion file using the GSX control panel and reloaded the sim once more, back to floating jetways.

Hopefully this indicates where an issue occurs.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

srcooke

Re: Possible AS/Simwings ADEV5 afcad solution for elevated jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 05:13:01 pm »
Performed a similar procedure at AS/Simwings LEBL which also uses an ADEV5 afcad, removing the afcad jetways and clearing the GSX exclusion results in jetways at ground level.

Note this workaround appears specifically to resolve the ADEV5 issue and not the more recently introduced general problem since 'Pro'
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible AS/Simwings ADEV5 afcad solution for elevated jetways
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:50:05 pm »
Just to prove the point I replaced the afcad with the original once more, created an exclusion file using the GSX control panel and reloaded the sim once more, back to floating jetways. Hopefully this indicates where an issue occurs.

Unfortunately, it seems to indicate a bug in the sim, possibly Exclusions conflicting with P3D5-specific .BGL files.

I'm saying this because, the Exclusion file doesn't have ANY relationship with Altitudes, because altitude data about the airport is enclosed in the Airport section of a .BGL, but Exclusions don't belong to the Airport hierarchy, they are outside of it, completely unrelated and unlinked to the airport itself. Since the GSX exclusion file contains just exclusions and nothing about the airport, there just nothing there that sets any altitude of anything.