Author Topic: GSX Pro Menu Showing ‘File Name’  (Read 777 times)

DazzaTArab

GSX Pro Menu Showing ‘File Name’
« on: December 30, 2022, 09:39:29 am »
Hello

I have installed GSX Pro for MSFS2020 and everything works fine at first. The issue I’m having is that after a few flights, when I bring up the GSX Menu, instead of showing for example ‘Start Boarding’ the list of options will just show ‘File Name’.

I have tried a complete fresh install many times but still get the same issue.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, did you find a solution?

Many thanks for any help

Dazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Menu Showing ‘File Name’
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 09:49:46 am »
Are you *sure* you see the options named "filename" ?

DazzaTArab

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 10:59:21 am »
Hello

The screen shot attached shows the GSX Menu showing 'File Option' instead of 'Start Boarding' etc........

As mentioned previously, it seems to work fine for the first few flights, but then resorts to the attachment.

Many thanks
Dazza

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 12:26:52 pm »
The screen shot attached shows the GSX Menu showing 'File Option' instead of 'Start Boarding' etc....

That's why I asked if you were sure about the "filename", since I couldn't see how you could possibly have it named that way. And in fact, they weren't, it's "File option" + a number, not "filename".

The problem usually means an incomplete installation, but since you said it only happens in some flights, that cannot be, unless you have ran the FSDT Update after this happened, in that case it might be an antivirus problem that has been temporarily fixed by the updater so, the first thing to try would be adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.