Author Topic: Unable to re-start engines after Boarding etc.  (Read 818 times)

CVJ

Unable to re-start engines after Boarding etc.
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:12:27 am »
I am not able to re-start the engines in my PMDG 737-7 after I had turned them off at the gate to enable GSX PRO and board the passengers.

In order to attempt to re-start them, I do the following:

1. Start the APU
2. Switch the Start switches to ignition (the second choice after Off)
3. Turn the 2 fuel switches On.
4. Press CTRL+E

Appreciate any help.

Claus Jensen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to re-start engines after Boarding etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 11:18:55 am »
4. Press CTRL+E

I don't think CTRL+E is supported in the PMDG 737 and, in fact, checking the PMDG forum, most users suggest against it, with several posts indicating the correct procedure:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/218157-auto-start-engines-737-800

Copper

Re: Unable to re-start engines after Boarding etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 06:06:57 pm »
I am not able to re-start the engines in my PMDG 737-7 after I had turned them off at the gate to enable GSX PRO and board the passengers.
In general you should configure your 737 so that it starts in a state that is more suitable (engines not running). This way you don't need to shut them down in first place :)
I think the PMDG manual has chapters and a lot of ways to define the state that you want the aircraft to load in when starting a flight.

Usually you need to turn on APU Bleed in order to start the engines since the bleed pressure is required to get them running until fuel is injected and they run from their own power.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 06:09:01 pm by Cipher »