Author Topic: Boarding through jetway too fast  (Read 1754 times)

gdavej

Boarding through jetway too fast
« on: December 26, 2022, 05:03:55 am »
When I'm at a gate with a jetway (eg KEWR and NFFN), and I request boarding, I get the window to choose the operator, but I don't get the next window "Do You Want to Board Crew?" Boarding then starts, and no messages about pilots or crew boarding appear, and the passengers board in seconds (140 passengers in a minute). This used to work fine until a recent GSX update. This is a problem only for jetways, the problem doesn't occur when there is no jetway, then everything is as before... the board crew question appears, and passenger boarding happens at the normal rate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding through jetway too fast
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 09:09:32 am »
When passenger boarding is simulated fast, it's due to the jetway not being connected, which might also be an issue of GSX not being able to correctly detect the jetway as docked.  This post here explains these issues, and many other issues related to passengers in jetways, should be fixed with the SU12 SDK, which will include all this data:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

gdavej

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 04:43:27 am »
When passenger boarding is simulated fast, it's due to the jetway not being connected, which might also be an issue of GSX not being able to correctly detect the jetway as docked.  This post here explains these issues, and many other issues related to passengers in jetways, should be fixed with the SU12 SDK, which will include all this data:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

I have seen another issue with jetways recently. As soon as the aircraft is loaded in the sim, I tend to operate the jetway immediately,  then do refueling, followed by boarding passengers, and crew. Everything used to work fine, but recently, when I select passenger boarding, the jetway, which was already connected, disconnects. I then have to use the option within the Fenix EFB to reconnect the jetway. I guess this is related to GSX not knowing whether the jetway is connected or not, that you reference in the link above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 01:40:16 pm »
Everything used to work fine, but recently, when I select passenger boarding, the jetway, which was already connected, disconnects. I then have to use the option within the Fenix EFB to reconnect the jetway. I guess this is related to GSX not knowing whether the jetway is connected or not, that you reference in the link above.

GSX normally knows if a jetway is connected, but it needs to identify it first, but when using the SU10 Navdata API option, identification is less reliable that reading the .BGL, because with the Navdata, we are missing the jetway coordinates, and matching the jetway object found in the scene ( which is required to query the variables to recognize if it's detected ) is less reliable than reading the .BGL, where we *do* have the coordinates.

With SU12, we should have both the coordinates, but also more precise information about the jetway status, and data we never had before, like the actual position of its controlling bones after it moves, which will allow GSX to detect which door the jetway docked to, or if it docked partially, something we cannot know in any way right now.