Author Topic: Floating jetways  (Read 8115 times)

srcooke

Re: Floating jetways
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 09:04:37 am »
It's more likely Airport Elevation issue. You have two solutions:

1 - Fix the airport elevation by going to the airport customization and fixing the airport elevation

2 - If it didn't that work, restart GSX without regenerating cache files

Hardly solutions, WORKAROUNDS maybe.

The solution is for FSDT to restore GSX2 to the working state prior to 18th August 2022 release of GSX Pro which has caused these issues, We are now 5 months on.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

flugmatz

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2023, 04:30:20 pm »
I think its FSDTs job to bring both elevations in line- like before. What about this, Umberto? There are dozends of complaints here and elsewhere. Can't be ignored just like this.

yurirodin

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2023, 11:12:19 pm »
Since the update a few months back, FSDT KIAH had an elevation problem with the static United airplanes at their hangers - they appeared floating high above the ramp. With the last update FSDT did some kind of elevation fix in an effort to fix the jetways issue, but instead it fixed the floating airplanes at KIAH. So there was a fix for elevation problems just not the kind that fixed the jetways. Hopefully the next update won't break back the KIAH issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 09:27:33 am »
As I've explained so many times:

- Before the last jetway altitude fix, I could ( with some effort ) replicate the floating/sunken jetways problems

- After the last jetway altitude fix, I cannot replicate it anymore, even trying several procedures posted here, like slewing from two very specific airports somebody posted a short while ago.

As far as I know, we DID massive changes to each and every part of the code that deals with objects altitude to be exactly like it was sometime in June, but I don't know how to even start investigating further, until I can replicate it.

Ioan92

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2023, 11:35:56 am »
As I've explained so many times:

- Before the last jetway altitude fix, I could ( with some effort ) replicate the floating/sunken jetways problems

- After the last jetway altitude fix, I cannot replicate it anymore, even trying several procedures posted here, like slewing from two very specific airports somebody posted a short while ago.

As far as I know, we DID massive changes to each and every part of the code that deals with objects altitude to be exactly like it was sometime in June, but I don't know how to even start investigating further, until I can replicate it.

Hey man, unless you've tried this already;
start up P3Dv4/v5 and go fly with the PMDG 747 or 777. Do PHNL to KORD (FSDT -> FSDT) or do any long haul to an airport that uses gsx jetways.
This should trigger the bug upon arrival.

Addons used would be;
Envtex, Envshade, Envsound, Activesky, ASCA, FSUIPC, FsAerodata, P42 Immersion, Chaseplane, Vpilot, Simlink.

FSDT GSX L2, PHNL, KORD, DD Chicago city and airports (minus KORD)
PMDG 747/ 777

Actually I'd like to know if people having this bug use either FsAerodata or AerosorsFr. It's the only thing I can think of that could possibly confuse GSX, but I really have no idea.

Ioan92

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2023, 11:37:46 am »
Another point we should take into consideration;

Are we sure we all correctly received your fix? Maybe something went wrong with that.
I only say this because I have other issues with GSX despite updating a few times.

azizxpx

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2023, 08:11:14 pm »
There is a problem with the gate rotation !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2023, 11:41:56 am »
For me it's very easy to reproduce the problem. I'll use YPDN as an example - we load up P3D and select any airport nearby, YJAB for instance, then press Y to put the user vehicle in slew mode and slew to YPDN. When you arrive, you'll see the GSX jetways are floating above the ground.

I tried following your example, and couldn't reproduce it:

Of course, I only tried with default airports and no other addons installed so, if your case was using 3rd party airports and other add-ons, it would be best to clarify which airports you installed and which kind of jetways they are using ( standard, SODE provided by the scenery or GSX/SODE )

flugmatz

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2023, 03:56:00 pm »
Ok- I've made the following experiment: Using slew mode (Y) I moved the plane from EDDN on to EDDM (Aerosoft Mega Airport, GSX JW). You see in screenshot EDDM (attached) no JW at all. Restart Couatl- the JWs are in place (screenshot EDDM1).
I move on to EDDS (Aerosoft Mega Airport, GSX JW). The same when I arrive- no JWs. When I request for a gate all services are visible (see EDDS in the right foreground) but no JW. Restart Couatl- services disappear, but JWs appear.
I move on to LSZH ((Aerosoft Mega Airport, GSX JW). When I arrive the JWs are floating in the air. Restart Couatl- everything ist fine.
Without being a developer I believe Couatl should recognise when the plane is approaching an airport (say 10 nm outside) and place the elements where they belong. I've also attached the respective LSZH *.ini file for your convenience.
Hope this will help FSDT along...
Best wishes
Matthias

yurirodin

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2023, 04:01:55 pm »
I should have mentioned that I was using MFSG YPDN to test this. When I disable this add-on the jetways appear in their correct position. I was also using the GSX ini file that came with the add-on.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 04:17:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2023, 04:19:18 pm »
I should have mentioned that I was using MFSG YPDN to test this. When I disable this add-on the jetways appear in their correct position. I was also using the GSX ini file that came with the add-on.

Yes, you should have. Please clarify: is this add-on only coming with GSX jetways and a GSX profile, but it otherwise has no jetways on its own ?

yurirodin

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2023, 05:00:45 pm »

Yes, you should have. Please clarify: is this add-on only coming with GSX jetways and a GSX profile, but it otherwise has no jetways on its own ?
This add-on is coming with a GSX profile that I drop into the virtuali folder. It has no jetways otherwise (except the static jetways that come in a bgl file that is not used). If I disable the add-on and the GSX profile the jetways that appear are the default replacement jetways for the default YPDN airport. These appear fine. In my experience all of the floating jetways have a GSX profile with an ini file in the virtuali folder.

captzjo

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2023, 07:40:03 pm »
I have the same issue at MFSG OJAI - Did not change the airport altitude or anything and I have the latest GSX update installed as of 2023 - got prompted last week to update.

Not sure what the issue is, I have tried to delete the ini file and reinstall it with the correct path but no change.

What is the possible solution to this?

Thanks

alexcunille

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2023, 03:57:02 am »
Humberto as you can see on this 3 videos Rebuiding cache, disspearce COAUTL

On video 1 with P3D @ MROC GSX works OK
https://youtu.be/M6GefL3s1Tk  MROC

On video 2  P3D @ MPTO (just change the airport, no SLEW) GSX menu appears but no JETWAYS do a rebuid and COAUTL is gone!

https://youtu.be/dI0mkjmG_Pk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:48:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2023, 03:48:55 pm »
n video 2  P3D @ MPTO (just change the airport, no SLEW) GSX menu appears but no JETWAYS do a rebuid and COAUTL is gone!

This problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is about floating jetways.