Author Topic: KATL Confusion Fuel Truck and Jetway Banner  (Read 864 times)

krkconsult

KATL Confusion Fuel Truck and Jetway Banner
« on: December 25, 2022, 02:54:41 pm »
 I just installed GSX for MSFS and am confused. I'm trying to set up my main home airport KATL and cant seem to figure out how to get the underground pump fuel truck and the jetway banner to either Hartsfield or Delta.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KATL Confusion Fuel Truck and Jetway Banner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 05:37:43 pm »
I just installed GSX for MSFS and am confused. I'm trying to set up my main home airport KATL and cant seem to figure out how to get the underground pump fuel truck and the jetway banner to either Hartsfield or Delta.

Quoting from the manual, page 18 where Refueling is explained:

IMPORTANT
There’s a minimum height the Fuel Truck with an extending platform can use, which is about 3.00 meters from ground for the Tanker and 3.40 for the Hydrant. If the airplane refuel point is lower than this value, a different vehicle will be called, one without a raising platform or a crew with a cable animation.

As indicated in the short term Roadmap post here, new vehicles for planes with lower wings are in the works:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27778.0.html

krkconsult

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 10:02:02 pm »
I read the manual.  Where in page 18 it aslo says "Parking Spots with a Jetway, by default will use the "Hydrant" Truck, with underground refuling, While parking spots in the open will use a Tanker", availabel in various sizes."

This is Atlanta, Katl, the airport, in real life, uses under ground refuling. I'm parked at a Jetway, and it's sending a mini tanker, not a hydrent. I'm guessing per your second quote The CRJ is too low for a Hydrent....

Any thoughts on why I'm getting "southwest" on the Jetway at a "DL" assigned gate? (yes I set it to DL in the edit gate form).

Thanks for thew quick response.

Happy holidays.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 10:19:19 pm »
I read the manual.  Where in page 18 it aslo says "Parking Spots with a Jetway, by default will use the "Hydrant" Truck, with underground refuling, While parking spots in the open will use a Tanker", availabel in various sizes."

And that's why, on the same page, the manual goes on, with the paragraph I quoted, which was labeled "Important" for that reason, that in order for the fuel hydrant to show, the airplane refueling point under the wing must be higher than 3.40 meters from ground.

That's because it's a vehicle with a raising platform, and that's the lowest it can go.

And that's why, I also pointed to the other forum post, explaining new vehicles, not using a raised platform, are in the works and will be included in an upcoming update, in both the hydrant and tanker variations.

Any thoughts on why I'm getting "southwest" on the Jetway at a "DL" assigned gate? (yes I set it to DL in the edit gate form).

It's not possible to edit the jetway operator, because jetways are created with pre-made .BGL files compiled starting from the default airport data, they are not user-editable.

The parking codes or the operators selected explicitly will only affect the ground handlers or the catering operators.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 10:22:06 pm by virtuali »

krkconsult

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 02:15:37 am »
Thank you.