Author Topic: Jetways - Some solid, corrugated some glass!!!  (Read 3301 times)

strude11

Jetways - Some solid, corrugated some glass!!!
« on: December 24, 2022, 08:44:22 pm »
Hi guys
Just bought GSX Pro for MSFS, having used GSX2 for years with P3d.
Upon install, went to default Newcastle EGNT and saw lovely glass modelled jetways with the airport banners on the sides. Very nice.
HOWEVER, went to my default home airport of Edinburgh EGPH and all were ugly corrugated jetways with no banners on side (usually RBS or Edinburgh Airport).
Cant understand why this is - it looks like the default Asobo jetways have higher priority over GSX as they are the same as default.
How do you change these jetways to glass???? -unlike GSX2 there is no customisation possible to change them.
I have read the manual from cover to cover but am still lost as to configure them. Where are all the banners stored??  and I assume GSX jetways are bgl format.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Iain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways - Some solid, corrugated some glass!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 07:00:26 pm »
I checked default EGPH now, and I can see all jetways are from GSX, in glass, with RBS or Edinburgh logos.

It's strange you see GSX replacement jetways on other default airports, but not there because, if this was a scenery priority problem, since all GSX replacement jetway files are all in the same package, they should be either all visible, or none of them should, this because also all default airports are in the same package so, either the priority between them is correct, or it's wrong for all airports.

Could be you had another non-default airport for EGPH, so GSX disabled it from jetway replacement ( as it should do ), but you don't have it anymore, so you need to enabled it back ?

Check the GSX Config page in the FSDT Installer, and be sure EGPH is not included in the "Disabled" list, which is the normal case if you are using the default airport.

strude11

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 03:02:50 pm »
Hello Umberto
Thanks for that info. Discovered a mod file that had been applied to EGPH way back. I traced it by renaming the Community folder and then creating a new Community folder with only fsdreamteam folders within. Went to EGPH and all was well showing glass jetways complete with banners. Excluded EGPH jetways and jetways returned to default as you said.
As an aside and for your info, I went to Glasgow EGPF and when GSX was applied to the default the glass jetways were all out of place and jet bridges were missing.
I have attached 2 screenshots showing default jetways and GSX jetways. I guess nothing can be done with that as no customization is available so it looks like EGPF will require only default jetways to look proper.
Thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 08:47:46 am »
As an aside and for your info, I went to Glasgow EGPF and when GSX was applied to the default the glass jetways were all out of place and jet bridges were missing.

That's a completely different problem, and it doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it happens ( randomly ) with default airports and default jetways without GSX installed. Here's a link on a post I made on MSFS Developers forum, made before GSX even came out, showing the problem as it happens on a default airport using default jetways:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/9771/some-longstanding-jetways-issues.html

An Asobo developer commented with:

2) & 3) I was able to produce both issues on LIMC using your guidance. It's not a 100% repro but reliable enough for us to be able to investigate it. Thank you for your feedback.

So we can only hope it will be eventually fixed.

strude11

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 12:06:05 pm »
Thanks Umberto I am obliged

Iain

Imaduffus

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 10:46:03 am »
Greetings everyone and sorry for warming this up. I purchased GSX pro and I got everything running fine, BUT about the jetway optics I am very upset. I own the premium content, so for some of the following airports mentioned its not the "default" airport but the "deluxe" (EHAM) or "premium" (EDDF) content.

I was looking to have some new jetways with new textures like glas and so on but I only get the ugly corrugated standard ones. NONE of the airports no matter if Germany, France, Brazil, no matter if standard contend, deluxe or premium. I have NO different jetways at all.

I de-activated and uninstalled GSX and reinstalled it from scratch, updated it to 2. something, I have the jetways in the community folder "D:\MSFS2020\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways" all are there. The texture folder is in there, with the different looks. But for a reason I cannot point my fingers on, none is being loaded, no matter what airport.

I have removed the content.xml file. I have worked with the "experimental" mode, package reorder tool putting "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" from almost the bottom of the list most upward with "-1" just behind ms and asobo content, followed up by some other mods I am using. I was not able to put the packege further up with "-2" or less.

Before anyone asks. I have removed ALL mods and no change at all and I dont use any jetway mod beside GSX Pro. Still no other jetways than the ulgy standard ones.

So, I really hope that anyone can help me out here. I am out of ideas, whats going wrong.

I wish you a calm vacation time.

Imaduffus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 12:34:43 pm »
Greetings everyone and sorry for warming this up. I purchased GSX pro and I got everything running fine, BUT about the jetway optics I am very upset. I own the premium content, so for some of the following airports mentioned its not the "default" airport but the "deluxe" (EHAM) or "premium" (EDDF) content.

Jetway replacement is not really supposed to be used on Premium airports, and  it's usually best for it to be Disabled. This because the jetway replacement set that comes with GSX, replaces jetways at about 900 *default* airports, which default really meaning *default*. Since most of the Premium airports changed the name/number and position of the parking spots from default, even if you managed to "see" the GSX jetways, they would be out of place and won't work correctly, because the associated parking is different.

When jetways are concerned, Premium airport should be considered as any other 3rd party airport.

In theory, we might create a set of alternative jetway replacement files for the Premium airports but, the problem is, because they are encrypted, we just can't do that, since the only way to create a jetway replacement file for an airport, is to being able to read the airport .BGL, which cannot be done for encrypted airports, and even the SU10 Navdata API won't help in this case, because it doesn't give us the actual location/heading of the jetway.

When SU12 will come out, the SDK will be improved, adding this data for encrypted airports, so we might eventually create jetway replacement files for the Premium airports as well.

Anton52311

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 01:11:23 pm »

So why is there a file: fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\EHAM_jetways.BGL.

There used to be glass jetways from August - November, I'm sure, so even if it's a premium or deluxe airport, and you cannot read the airport .BGL, since they are encrypted, the jetways were replaced.
Regardless of if they would work, or out of place, which at EHAM wasn't the case in my memory, I have seen passengers walking through etc.

Other premium airports, which are also encrypted get glass replacements, like EDDF and HECA for example.

How do you explain this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 01:46:01 pm »
So why is there a file: fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\EHAM_jetways.BGL.

To replace jetways at default EHAM in the Standard version.

There used to be glass jetways from August - November, I'm sure, so even if it's a premium or deluxe airport, and you cannot read the airport .BGL, since they are encrypted, the jetways were replaced. Regardless of if they would work, or out of place, which at EHAM wasn't the case in my memory, I have seen passengers walking through etc. Other premium airports, which are also encrypted get glass replacements, like EDDF and HECA for example.

That's a whole different issue.

In my previous message, I explained why you shouldn't use GSX jetways on Handcrafted airports, regardless if you seem them or not. However, under normal situations, you ARE supposed to see them, since the GSX jetway replacement file, being located in the Community folder, should always have an higher priority over packages in the Official folder.

In fact, I tried it just now, and I can see GSX jetways at Premium EHAM, exactly as they are supposed to show: visible, but in the wrong location ( not matching the static bridge ), because their position was based on the non-Premium airport, check the attached Screenshot.

As you can see reading this very thread, another user with the same problem, fixed it by remembering he installed an addon for a default scenery, which prevented jetway replacement.

Imaduffus

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 07:47:18 pm »
I understood why deluxe and premium airports are not supported. But this does not explain why even default standard airports are left in their ugly default jetways. I can make everything run in GSX pro which indicated, that everything is installed correctly. As written, the entries are in the community folder and the texture folder for better jetways are there, but they simply do not show up, although they are all enabled in the installer/config menu.

Totally lost here :-(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:14:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 02:16:06 pm »
But this does not explain why even default standard airports are left in their ugly default jetways.

They surely are being replaced. If they aren't on your system, the most likely issue is another airport you installed which is taking higher priority than the GSX replacement jetways package.

Imaduffus

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 03:00:23 pm »
But this does not explain why even default standard airports are left in their ugly default jetways.

They surely are being replaced. If they aren't on your system, the most likely issue is another airport you installed which is taking higher priority than the GSX replacement jetways package.

Hi there, please understand, I have removed everything from the community folder to prevent this, so every single mod I had are away. There is only the folders of FSD and the jetways folder inside.
When log into non premium or non deluxe airports I don't see any replacement of the jetways, just the default ones.
I wonder if I missed to put some "check" somewhere to enable the jetways looks. What are the unlikely issues since obvious does not apply?
Maybe ask for screenshots about my settings or folders content. I gladly show you.

Thanks alot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2023, 04:00:47 pm »
Hi there, please understand, I have removed everything from the community folder to prevent this, so every single mod I had are away. There is only the folders of FSD and the jetways folder inside.

Assuming the folders for the two fsdreamteam packages are Symbolic links, as they should be, and not real folders (maybe because you manually copied them), and are pointing to the correct Addon Manager\MSFS folder, as they should be after a normal installation, if you are absolutely sure you have no extra airports that can conflict, you can be sure jetway replacement will work.

Also, check you haven't played with the Experimental package reordering utility, meaning you don't have a content.xml in your MSFS settings folder here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache  ( MS Store version )
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\CONTENT.XML ( Steam version )

If you have a content.xml file there, remove it, so all priorities will go back to default.

Imaduffus

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 06:32:43 pm »

Assuming the folders for the two fsdreamteam packages are Symbolic links, as they should be, and not real folders (maybe because you manually copied them), and are pointing to the correct Addon Manager\MSFS folder, as they should be after a normal installation, if you are absolutely sure you have no extra airports that can conflict, you can be sure jetway replacement will work.

Also, check you haven't played with the Experimental package reordering utility, meaning you don't have a content.xml in your MSFS settings folder here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache  ( MS Store version )
%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\CONTENT.XML ( Steam version )

If you have a content.xml file there, remove it, so all priorities will go back to default.

Hi Umberto,

I`m back from vacation and first off a happy new year to you and your closest :).

Reading your replies always give me a little hope that I might have a breakthrough. But again it failed. I removed content.xml completly from the msfs2020 Appdata folder and removed all apps beside the ones you will see in the screenshots. I loaded for the first time to the first ICAO Airport shown in the list of "world of jetways" AYPY_jetways and hoped that GSX will replace that airports jetways. As you can see in the screenshots GSX is loading properly but the jetways are the default ones. I assure you I have no custom models of this airport unknown to me running.
I will show you the FSDT universal installer settings in the screens aswell and I hope you can see whats the problem with my setup. In the config you can see EDDF EDDN and other airports where I had 3rd party airports or the premium/deluxe package from MSFS2020 disabled from my previous setup (without updating in the config menue), but that should not interfere with AYPY airport anyway.

I hope you can help me to get it running somehow... and thanks for your patience

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 08:18:11 am »
It would be helpful to know the *content* of your UserCfg.opt file, most importantly the last line which points to the installed packages folder