Author Topic: Remote Deice  (Read 712 times)

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
Remote Deice
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:35:22 pm »
Hey Umberto,

cool new feature with the Remote deicing :)
Already trying to implement it to my profile.

Just a smile wish, is it possible to show the DEICE VDGS only if you select the DEICING position.

In LOWW for example we have the DEICING points on parking stands and they gets blocked with the remote DEICE VDGS stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/t0cmuYV.png

Another thing, no idea if this can be modified in a future update or redesigned.
If the remote DEICE stand is also a Parking Stand, GSX will always open the Parking menu, not the DEICE menu for that stand.
As a workaround you can work with a treshold, and move the deice position a bit to the site, no idea if there is a nother way to implement this, eg. if you select a remote DEICE point, disable the Parking Stand Menu.

Cheers
Bernd
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 11:45:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remote Deice
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 11:52:50 pm »
You are not required to have a Deice VGDS, if you omit its name ( currently, the only model included is "VgdsDeIceWall" ), no display will be shown. There might be different models to choose from in future updates, just like the normal VGDS.

You can specify the position of the Deice VGDS. Without a position, its placement will be based on the deicing area radius, but the .INI supports specific lat/lon/heading for the panel itself.

We'll post some documentation but, it will just be temporary, because a follow up update will feature a complete editor, which will look very similar to a regular parking editor, just the only object editable will be the location of the deicing stand, the stop position and the position of the display.

However, in case deicing is done on a parking stand too, I won't call it a "remote deicing", it's an in-parking deicing that has always been possible before.

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
Re: Remote Deice
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 12:17:46 am »
Perfect, thanks for your work :)