Author Topic: Needed tutorial for PMDG737 and GSX (no Simbrief)  (Read 948 times)

GEK_the_Reaper

Needed tutorial for PMDG737 and GSX (no Simbrief)
« on: December 24, 2022, 09:29:38 am »
Hello guys,

I did find a short tutorial from Umberto regarding refueling of the 737 but I´m still struggling somehow to get PAX no. and cargo weight to load properly using ONLY the FMC.
More precise: under PAYLOAD I set a no. of PAX (e.g. 145) and cargo weight for FWD and AFT but GSX will display loading different PAX (e.g.157)...

I also have the refueling done in an instant even though I have the progressive refueling enabled....

GEK_the_Reaper

Re: Needed tutorial for PMDG737 and GSX (no Simbrief)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 11:07:15 am »
Instant refueling fixed! If the checkbox to Detect custom refueling system is also set, then the refueling will end instantly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Needed tutorial for PMDG737 and GSX (no Simbrief)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 06:30:42 pm »
Instant refueling fixed! If the checkbox to Detect custom refueling system is also set, then the refueling will end instantly.

This option is Disabled by default, and it's usually best set Disabled, because it's only useful in case an airplane has the refueling starting on its own after some time, as part of a turnaround simulation AND it refuels itself progressively.

Since the airplane started refueling automatically, in order for GSX fuel truck to "catch up" with it, what this option does, is to automatically call the GSX Refueling truck whenever a fuel increase is detected, which means, by the time the GSX truck arrives, if there are no further fuel increases ( because the airplane is not loading progressively by itself and has loaded instantly or faster than the time the GSX truck arrived ), the GSX fuel truck will go away, because it sees refueling it's already done, since no further increases are happening.

As far as I know, only the PMDG 777/747 in P3D worked like this, so it was the only case in which this option might useful, I don't think there is any airplane in MSFS that works like that, so it should stay disabled as it is by default, until some airplane that will came out in the future will require it.